3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Question Suggestion for carpet plants

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Looking for sugggestion for choice of plants for a carpet effect or if that is not possible might settle for low growing plants. Mine is a low tech set up. No CO2, No Chiller. Ambient temp at 28degrees C.

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Suggestion for carpet plants

You can be able to use moss tied on mesh as a foreground plant if your tank is low tech bro... That is the best and easiest plant...
    Good fish ain't cheap... Cheap fish ain't gd...

Breeding Apisto inca and Apisto guttata...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I would suggest E. tenellus as they will survive in a low tech tank easily with enough lighting.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United States

Screen door mesh, cut 2 pieces to fit the bottom of your tank, buy a 2 cup portion of riccia and spread it evenly over one of the meshes. Put the other mesh over it evenly so it is the shape of the bottom of your tank. Get fishline or some other aquarium-safe string and "sow" the mesh together from the sides and then down the middle to form a plus sign. Put it at the bottom of your tank and use some rocks as weights to hold it down. Have bright lighting, and if possible, use a CO2 injector (even DIY ones can be efficient/cheap for this process). Do not have any fish in the aquarium during the time period in which you're growing the riccia as an ammonia spike could easily lead to algae growth. Riccia, grown in this manner, can form a very beautiful, and very cheap green carpet. If you don't have bright lighting and/or CO2 injector, you can even just get a big shallow tub, fill it with dechlorinated water and place the riccia mesh in it and put it under a window that gets sun, or outside if you're daring. Just make sure you monitor the temperature frequently, and don't let it get too hot.
    Currently keeping guppies, bettas, weather loaches, and Aphyosemion australe (my first killifish).
    Currently trying to breed the A. australe.
    ~Larry~

Feedback Score

You can try marsilea. I used it in a few of my previous non-CO2 tank as a foreground plant. It's a pretty undemanding plant with sort of a similar effect to glossostigma, but not as small or dense.