Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Lion Fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    How much does an lion fish cost? Saw one at Wisma the other day.. Wow.. its a beauty. Is it hard to keep?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    got lion fish [:0] next time much go see.. i always love to stand there and watch the fishy there.. always try to take the lift to see the fishy as much as possible []
    ----------------
    On 2/21/2002 11:52:24 PM

How much does an lion fish cost? Saw one at Wisma the other day.. Wow.. its a beauty. Is it hard to keep?
    ----------------

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Law,
    indeed.. they are very facinating... me used to have a Fumanchu, volitan.. to me.. Fumanchu is the nicest...
    lion fish can cost between an average of $8-20++ each depending on it species.. which one is it?
    basically, it is relatively disease free.. and easy to keep.. i wun recommend anything lesser than a 3x2x2ft tank
    less rock work and low current.. they can grow up to 12 inches..pending on the species..

i used to keep them but can't afford to feed them daily.. and i usually will try to convert the guppies to saltwater first b4 feeding them.

Be careful when u clean the tank.. coz once they are used to u.. they might mistake your hand for food.. (learning from experience..)
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/22/2002 1:43:12 AM

Law,
    indeed.. they are very facinating... me used to have a Fumanchu, volitan.. to me.. Fumanchu is the nicest...
    lion fish can cost between an average of $8-20++ each depending on it species.. which one is it?
    basically, it is relatively disease free.. and easy to keep.. i wun recommend anything lesser than a 3x2x2ft tank
    less rock work and low current.. they can grow up to 12 inches..pending on the species..

i used to keep them but can't afford to feed them daily.. and i usually will try to convert the guppies to saltwater first b4 feeding them.

Be careful when u clean the tank.. coz once they are used to u.. they might mistake your hand for food.. (learning from experience..)

----------------
    wow! so cute! i want to keep! but first must convince my dad that if i keep synthetic corals and more inverts than fish its not so ex and messy... sigh... anyone can contribute ideas to convince my dad to let me set up marine? his idea of marine tank is dead corals after a few months and few thousand dollars gone down the drain...
    [:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yo kel,

Thanks for reply, really feel like keeping one leh, any idea on what do I need to keep them? I never keep marine fishes before. Really tempted sia...

Apart from the 3x2x2 tank, some normal gravel, some rocks.. anything else. Need your advice man.

OOooooo I feel the dark side calling me already...
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

----------------
    On 2/22/2002 12:50:18 PM

Yo kel,

Thanks for reply, really feel like keeping one leh, any idea on what do I need to keep them? I never keep marine fishes before. Really tempted sia...

Apart from the 3x2x2 tank, some normal gravel, some rocks.. anything else. Need your advice man.

----------------
    although they r hardy fishes....they need very gd water conditions. n u need a real power filter to support them...crap alot..........i recommend a trickle filter(sump)
    i really dun think an eheim can do the job....
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks spiff, what about those eheim wet/dry type filters?

wally...i really dun think it is enuff....[]
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    depends on the size of your tank.. i think u can push the ehiem wet/dry tank to max of 3ft.. but anything bigger.. i recommend a sump.. if u are really interested.. let me know.. coz u need to have quite a few items...
    Lightings can be simple.. coz u will not be keeping much corals.. if possible.. try not to keep any..
    use coral sand.. not just gravels... and enuff rocks to provide hidding places.. but let u warn u first.. when i kept them.. they usually hides except either at night or when feeding.. so.. do consider the amount..
    u also require a protein skimmer.. basically, that is abt it.. basic tank setup equipment...[]
    Yes.. the force is getting strong in u.. i can feel it.. hehehe
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow guys, fast replies

But if I get a marine tank, it'll be in my bedroom too. So I'd prefer not to have those trickle filters or sump that may produce noise or affect the quality of air in the room.

And why don't keep corals? And can I keep other fishes with the lionfish?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/22/2002 5:57:00 PM

Wow guys, fast replies

But if I get a marine tank, it'll be in my bedroom too. So I'd prefer not to have those trickle filters or sump that may produce noise or affect the quality of air in the room.

And why don't keep corals? And can I keep other fishes with the lionfish?
    ----------------
    Firstly, how big is the tank u want it to be? like i mentioned.. size of tank should be ard 3ft. fishes to keep.. have to be bigger than the mouth of the lionfishes.. common senses.. it is predatory...
    corals wise.. personal preference.. i wun recommend coz lionfishes spikes can injure the corals when it rest on them..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/22/2002 12:50:18 PM

Yo kel,

----------------

Yeah succumb to the dark side fast!

then i can have your plants to feed my tortoise

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm getting a new tank.. Too bad.. your tortise got to starve

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    just let me know when u are able to do it.. ok? u got the number..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wa law you wanna get a new tank to keep lion fish

thats cool

next time go your house got something to steal

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Law, keep a bottle of vinegar... so that when LSZ sticks his hand in and get stunk by the venom, u can use it as an antidote...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahhaa yeah, I was going to say that I better call the ambulance first, but kel, you beat me to it