Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dennerle Black Quartz Sand

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Where can I find more info on this product? I can seem to find it on Dennerle's website.
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

RIP 1 x adolfoi, 1 x albino aeneus & 2 x panda

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry, should be can't. []

Unless I remembered wrongly, I saw it selling at Y618 at $22 for a 5kg pack.
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    DEPONIT-MIX, DEPONIT and KRISTALL-Quarzkies (Crystal quartz gravel) in 6 colours

*Taken from Dennerle Site
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the link. The one I saw is on plastic bag not pail. Maybe I go check again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    look closer at the picture and sherwin's reply (6 colours).... I think in Germany they sell it rather differently from here.

Anyway, it's just branded inert gravel. But no problem if you like the look.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dennerle gravel comes in 5 colors in Singapore: Light Brown, Dark Brown, Emerald Green, Slate Gray, Diamond Black. White is not available here.

They come prepacked in plastic bags for 2, 5 and 10 kg. They do not come in tubs. Those are Dennerle Duponit mix, the base fertilizers. To give you a rough guage of prices, the suggested retail price is around S$16.80 (2 kg), S$28.50 (5 kg) and $44.00 (10 kg). Discounts varies from shop to shop or if any at all.

These gravel are also round and friendly to any bottom feeding fishes that you may have (like corydoras!!!!!). Grain size is rather uniform at 1 to 2 mm each, pretty much suitable for planted aquaria.

Contrary to popular believe, there is no fertilizer pre mixed in the gravel. Some have indicated that there are trace elements in the gravel, but this is not mentioned anywhere in their literature or website. Probably ramblings from ignorant shopkeepers in a feeble attempt to justify the prices.

However, this is one of the few brands that the gravel is prewashed. I personally use it straight out of the bag and the water is clear for 4 of the 5 colors. Very convenient for lazy people like me.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Bro benny for the detail explaination. I'll be using it with the JBL base fertilizer. Any idea how many packs are required for a 4x2ft tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    please use dennerle substrate calculation
    Link

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i bought 12 pack of Dennerle light brown sand for my 3ft if i have not remebered wrongly.
    cost me a bomb. Got mine form Rainbow.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/24/2003 3:32:32 PM

i bought 12 pack of Dennerle light brown sand for my 3ft if i have not remebered wrongly.
    cost me a bomb. Got mine form Rainbow.
    ----------------
    5Kg pack?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/24/2003 11:24:17 AM

Any idea how many packs are required for a 4x2ft tank?
    ----------------
    How many packs is dependent on how thick you want the substrate to be above your base fert. Some cover it slightly above the bottom tank trimmings (if any) while others prefer a thicker substrate for deep rooting plants. So the mininum is 5 cm on the average and most do not exceed 10 cm. Click on the link that Simon provided and calculate how many kg is needed and from there, you can accurately know how many pack you need.

Take into account your tank height when you do the calcuations. From your post, I assume that you have a 4 X 2 X 2 ft. If you substrate is too high, it may not be good for tall plants and fishes like altum angels.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Dennerle Black Quartz Sand

may i ask if i can mix the black sand together with my benibachi soil?