Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ropefish woes

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys having a question on keepin rope fish in a small tank lets say 1.5 x 1 ft.
    Using clamp on light and lily pipes. How do you guys prevent yr fish fr escaping? I don wish to lower water level or using mesh to cover it as Im seeking a way to do it aesthetically, thought of glass cover but still have to drill holes etc for the piping here and there in the end it just seem impratical. Could you guys with experience help or share with me on yr ropefish thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Ropefish woes

That's a very very small tank for an Erpetoichthys. Alternative is to use a clear acrylic cover with sections cut out just for the filter wire etc. Alternative, those small GEX/FivePlan tanks come with clear covers that have allowance for the wiring of your filter or air tubes. If you go with this method, the tank may get pretty warm. You can opt to use the stainless steel mesh instead over the top of the tank so it doesn't affect your tank temperature and still look aesthetically pleasing.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Ropefish woes

Thks mod, yup in the end I am using 314 marine mesh for the cover, ur rite it dosent look that bad after all.