Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My German Blue Ram just lay egg!

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My German Blue Ram just lay egg!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is what I learn from the forum. I mixed the liquidfry with a bit of the tank water, and then I use a syringe to suck up the mixture and pump it to the ball of fries. I can see that they are surrounding the mixture and at least some should be eating it. If other hobbyists have other better ideas, please do share with us.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hahah ! Congrats on your new fries Nicholas ! Hope you will have success with this batch.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you. I told u about them when we met at Y618 and the next day, I can see free swimming fries in the tank. The parent are guarding them and I have started to feed them BBS, see how this time goes.
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Have a microworm culture on standby in case your BBS hatch encounters problems. Those tiny worms are a lifesaver.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Spamming alert! I think that ztlights is spamming the forum. Can the mods look into this?
    My 2 ft tank

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanoob View Post
    Spamming alert! I think that ztlights is spamming the forum. Can the mods look into this?

Not only that, saw a few already. Thinks they are not based in Singapore.
    My fish list:
    BEC, L14, L27c goldline, L27d goldline thunder, L27 xingu platinum, L47, L90a, L160, L190, L200A, L239, L255, L330, L418,
    Steatocranus casuarius, Hyphessobrycon erythrostigma, Hyphessobrycon sp. White Fin, Puntius denisonii, Hyphessobrycon columbianus, Hemigrammus rythrozonus,
    Satanoperca Daemon, Geophagus sp. ‘tapajós red head’, Geophagus steindachneri

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I don't have success with the current ram fries again, they are all gone within one week again. But I see that the male and female are together again and there may be another spawn coming. Keeping my finger cross.
    My 2 ft tank

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So sad, i tot you succeeded when your fries hatched and started swimming around the parents =(

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

This is like the third or fourth times that I have the free swimming fries but somehow they are gone within a week either eaten up by the parent or due to the water condition or whatever reason. I have to learn from experiences and hopefully the next spawn will be a fruitful one.
    My 2 ft tank

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hi my electric blue rams have laid eggs on 8 oct and the fries are hatched on 11oct. Now they are 9 days old and swimming happily. I removed the male after he killed the female on the 10th oct. I guess she was trying to eat up the eggs although I fed them very well. Was trying to breed them so the pair was in a 1 ft tank all by themselves. Fed the fries with liquid food for 1st 2 days before feeding them live brine shrimps. Looks like it will be another week before they are big enough to eat live tubiflex worms. Just started to change some water 20% water 2 days ago. Hoping for the best.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Can't post any photos yet as the tank is full of green algea on the glass. Too risky to clean them at this stage. Will post photos when they are bigger and more stable so that I can clean the front glass surface. I estimate its about 50 to 60 fries.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Aquanoob, why dont you remove the parent rams after the fry are free swimming since they serve no purpose after the fry start swimming ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yup I agree with bro Sianzx that you should experiment removing the parents once the fries are hatched. If in community tank I personally think it's very difficult to breed them as the other fishes are a threat and the parents will eat them or the fries will be eaten by other fishes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sori bro Sianxz, mispelled your nickname.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I did remove the ram parent in the last 2 spawns and it is only the fries with no other fish in a 1 feet tank feeding on bbs and baby fish food but they also won't last more than 1 week. Just have to learn from mistakes and improve on it the next time.
    My 2 ft tank

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Correct me if i am wrong, but i honestly do not think there parents help in anyway or contribute to the survival of the fries. If in any case, they would eat the weaker fries to let the strong ones grow stronger.

Hence, if you ask me, i do not think your fries died because of the absence of the parents but probably some other factor

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Definitely not due to the absence of parent that the fries died, it should be due to the water condition. My first 2 spawn was eaten up by the parent and that is why I took them out during the last 2 spawn, but they still survive only a week max. It's ok, I will be more ready for the next coming spawns.....
    My 2 ft tank

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

photo(3).JPGphoto(2).jpg
    Here are 2 pics of my electric blue fries. they are about 2-3mm and 13 days old. 1st time posting pics from my iphone. don't know how they will turn out. Hoping that they will start eating tubilflex worms or dry food or frozen brine shrimps. Quite tedious hatching bbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Here are some pics of my juvenile electric blue rams. They are 6 weeks old about 1 to 1.5cm and fed on frozen brine shrimps and live tubiflex worms. Been trying to get them to feed on dry food but they are not interested at all. Any bros can recommend any particular kind of dry food to try? Have been trying out discus tetra bits(grinded a bit smaller) and Hai Feng Tetra food.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Try hikari micro pellets.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast