Country
    Singapore

Is Goldfish Easy to Rear?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All

Recently, my neon tetra is down to 19 pieces from the original 50 pieces during purchase after a three months period. This was my second batch of tetra and hence I was thinking of rearing goldfish instead. Is goldfish easy to rear? I hear from the fish shopkeeper that for rearing goldfish, we need to put a bit of salt, guess he was referring to aquarium salt, is that true?

Appreciate your sharing.

Regards
    Koala

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Is Goldfish Easy to Rear?

Hi Koala,

I am new to gf. Last sunday I got some from a nice bro. As long as you have sufficient space for the gf to swim and do regular wc to maintain water quality, the gf should be able to thrive. I believe the salt is meant when the fishes are not well. You can put some in as prevention. You can use marine salt as they have minerals in them.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by koala1971 View Post
    Hi All

Recently, my neon tetra is down to 19 pieces from the original 50 pieces during purchase after a three months period. This was my second batch of tetra and hence I was thinking of rearing goldfish instead. Is goldfish easy to rear? I hear from the fish shopkeeper that for rearing goldfish, we need to put a bit of salt, guess he was referring to aquarium salt, is that true?

Appreciate your sharing.

Regards
    Koala

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

should be easy. Just don;t feed too much in every meal. They do not know how to stop eating even they are full.
    WC should be once in a week.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Goldfish require ample swimming space, cool water and controlled feeding to thrive. Do not overstock the tank and do not overfeed. They are prone to suffering from bloat if fed too much as these are very greedy fish. I do not know how big your tank is and which breeds you intend to keep, so please do your necessary research on the Internet before you decide on the switch to goldfish.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.