Thread: "Pls kindly advise"

Feedback Score

"Pls kindly advise"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Need some advise & feedbacks from all experts in this forum who had used the below mentioned fertilizer....as i need to buy liquid fertilizers for my planted tank....was thinking which one is better?

Choice 1: TMG(Tropical Master Grow).
    Choice 2: Dr.Mallick's LushGrow.

Thank alot in advance for all help rendered. Cheers.

Feedback Score
    Running my whole fertilizer, mainentance program with Dennerle products.
    Sofar so good. A bit pricey, but you can in general apply 1/3 or less of the recommended dosage.

Feedback Score
    Erm...tks man for your help. In the past i used Dennerle, right now thinking of switching to more economical & good fertilizer that is why i post to ask for feedbacks & comments from all experts who had used the 2 mentioned fertlilizers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm not an expert, so just sharing my 2 cents worth...

I basically think both are very similar in composition, except that TMG is NO3 free, while Mallick has NO3. So I guess it depends on whether you want to introduce NO3 while you add in the rest of the ferts. However, the NO3 in Mallick is actually not a lot, most people still supplement with Potassium Nitrate.

I have both, not by design but because I was trying both out. I don't really see any visible difference in using either on my plants.

In any case, both TMG and Mallick tends to be a bit low on Potassium. You might want to add potassium separately.
    Cheers
    Boon Yong

Feedback Score
    Thanks alot Boon Yong for your valuable feedback. It's valuable to my decision.

Feedback Score
    well i m still using the method by chuck, it says if u r using TMG, by judging the level of iron content in ur tank water, u will know if u need more or less fert to add.that is 1-2 ppm Fe.i choose to level it at 2ppm. simple and work for me( at least at my standard<newbie&gt. plant growing well and green. but i will change to pmdd soon till my TMG runs out.$25 a TMG, with that amount i can buy a year supply of pmdd.
    ==================================
    GOAL WITHOUT TIME LIMIT IS ONLY A DREAM.

Feedback Score
    what's pmdd?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/27/2003 10:38:55 PM

what's pmdd?
    ----------------

Poor mans dosing drops
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

RIP 1 x adolfoi, 1 x albino aeneus & 2 x panda

Feedback Score
    Does pmdd refer to the individual concoction of using KNO3,NH2PO4,K2SO4 etc?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    On my on account, dosing with TMG gives me a good sense of confidence as it's so far hasslefree for me. This fert is developed for planted tanks so I feel it won't go wrong. The best part is that the composition is listed on the labelas oppased to most commercial ferts. One thing to note is the price... to some it may kinda pricey but IMHO, it's worth it.

Lushgro's price is considered very cheap but I've experienced inbalance nutrients when I used it thus algae growth. You have to go some calculation as the recomended dosage may not be suitable for your tank. But if you know what you're doing, it's a great way to save $$$. I only recommend this to more experienced hobbyist.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Thank you, bro voodoo & bro sherwin! I shared e same sentiments as bro sherwin cos i used before Dennerle, it inhabits algae boom/grow but it's very expensive. As for pmdd, i tried using it but algae boom once dosage is wrong, calculation must be done. At least now i know more abt TMG & Lushgrow. Yap, awared than TMG is $21-$25 compared to Lushgrow at $13. Even thou TMG is more expensive but needless for calculation, easy for lazy people like me. Thank you guys for guiding me along. Cheers.