Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Watertemperature

Feedback Score

Watertemperature

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Planted Tank is now almost running for 3 months without any glitches,i.e. algea, etc. However average temperature of water in tank stands at +/- 30deg. C., following the weather/room temperature. Does anyone foresee any problems in the long run? Would a water chiller be advisable or would that lead to condensation on the front glass? Grateful for any advise. Nothing broken yet, but you wanna keep yourself kind of busy...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you can afford a chiller and the monthly extra cost of using it on your electricity bill, why not! The condensation issue is not a factor. It might occur ard 25 degrees or lower. I have no experience using a chiller so I wouldn't know. You can use a fan to cool down the water temperature. A cheaper alternative to the chiller.

On a personal note, my 3ft tank has the same temp as yours and I have not use a fan to cool down the temp. Max 30 deg high.I did not have any problem with plants growth. Could be that they have adapted to the high temp already.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.