Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to find these plants in Singapore?

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Like I said, 1st and second is pretty easy to find. tell me when is your exact arrival date, so I can help you order the plants and perhaps tour you around the lfs. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    If you are shipping plants over, the process done in Singapore is pretty easy. The harder part is that you have to check with your own country's policy in importing live plants. You are moving on to another Asia country I suppose?

Zack

Feedback Score
    Country
    Netherlands

Re: Where to find these plants in Singapore?

Hi Zack, you mean
    - Trithuria sp. blood red / blood vomit
    - Eriocaulon sp."australia"
    are easy to find? Good since they have my highest prio.

This is the trip i would like to make, we plan to do it on Saturday 24th of september. Shipping to NL is no problem, as long as you don't put on the box what is in it and mark it as a gift

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Gillies, an update I'm helping order the plants already so this sat most likely it will be ready
    If you manage to see this, do tell me the quantity as well

Zack

Feedback Score
    Country
    Netherlands

Hi zack, just landed in malasia, I will try to get a singaporean temp number and text/call you. I think I want 3 pots each, depending on the sgd price. Thnkx

Feedback Score
    Country
    Netherlands

So i visited clementi florist and aquarium which had by far the most plants, colourful, polyart and quan hi fishfarm. Only found 2 erios, one from phillipines and one from china. Will try to visit seaview today or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    To everyone, a little background to the incident, Gilles posted in aq looking for plants stated in his thread, asking if he is able to get hold of these mentioned plant species. Thus, I tried to help him with these, that is to help to order these plants from lfs. This is because these plants are available in Singapore, but all lfs do not carry them on the regular basis. Thus I'm helping him to order so that he is able to grab these plants while he is in Singapore to avoid disappointment. I ordered the plants thru jxz boutique.

Gilles arrived in Singapore on Saturday, went to visit c328 and colorful without getting these plant species. I already told him that he is able to collect the plants on Sunday. As the supplier will only come on sun to bring the plants to jxz boutique. I asked him to collect himself. He said he need to communicate with his partner first. Later on, he told me thru whatsapp that he is unable to make it due to the fact that he already bought tickets for F1. I then replied him that i may bring down the plants to him to his hotel if I can.
    However, I'm unable to as I'm having a fever. Sad to say, he is leaving on Monday, which is today. I asked if I could help him ship over to his native country instead with all the relevant reciepts, he replied me no, he need to see the plants first. Later I told him I could whatsapp him the pictures taken, he agreed and said he would whatsapp me his home address. However, till now I have not received a message from him.

Gilles:
    I do want you to realize that I'm helping you as a acquaintance who share the same hobby.
    However, from the way you communicate with me, it seems that you treat me as someone who is trying to sell you something. It quite disheartening to realize that you are trying to help someone and yet you have to pay for the plants that you ordered for him in the end. Money is secondary.

Sorry all for hearing my rant.

Zack

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Super service Zack!
    The problem is that i don't know which plants i would like to get. I would love to get:
    - Eriocaulon amanoanum
    - Eriocaulon "Ban Ba Wa"
    - Eriocaulon Australia Red (know as vomits blood but actually is a Trithuria sp)
    - Eriocaulon "thailand"
    - Ludwigia Pantanal

How much? It depends on the S$ price off course and the health of the plants. I prefer to see them in the shops first. So if you can make some calls for me i would love to give you some US$ on paypal.
    I think from what i read, its a expectation difference. You know ang moh think its a service. thats why their culture encourage tipping for the service. For us , we barely think its an effort. more like a bro thing. Maybe he thinks you are more like a personal seller like ebay seller doing reselling?
    At the same time, You do not even know this guy .. he is a new member, supposedly he cant do a buy/sell/trade thread and you are encouraging it by passing your mobile in this thread. so delete it please.

If he really wants the plant, he could have travel to your house instead?

But then of coz by ordering for him, he do not have the privilege to choose the plant himself. Of coz he has every right to reject the plant you have ordered for him due to the color, the size , the structure and the shape if he is fussy (have you thought of that?)
    He has only 3 days and I know it really abit rush to be connected to do plant searching
    He may not be comfy to give you his home address either

I can only say i won't be helping this guy at a personal level like you

just my 2cents worth

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Marimo:

After hearing all these from you. My mind instantly cleared up. Thanks. I take back my rant. I deserved it.
    However, if someone looking for help in forum in future, I'll still help them.

Ps: may I know why can't I give my number in this thread, anything wrong? I don't see any

Zack

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

woo didnt know i was Morpheus
    But anyway You done nothing wrong, but from such things we learn life lessons

you can give number , but I prefer not because of some psycho phone number harvester that use your number for telemarketing
    You can always PM them your mobile to be more protective ... thats for my way of coz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I visited Singapore this March. You can try a store at BLK 481 Tampines St 44, #01-269. They sell many very interesting plants. In addition, if you happen to visit Beijing, you can ask Fire Aquarium. They are specialized in Crystal Tank. Here is their web site "http://fireaq.com/enmain.aspx"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12