Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Question on filters n bio homme. Newbie here..

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Question on filters n bio homme. Newbie here..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Greeting to all bros, sorry but I have some question regarding my new tank again. First, does anyone know where can I get a cheap and good hang on the tank filter? I am looking for one which can be used for my tank, and ad I am quite new in this, may I have some recommendations? Like brands or model? Would freaky appreciate if there are people who r willing to sell them to me...

Secondly, does anyone know what is a bio homme n where can I get hold of those? One of the reason I need a recommendation for a filter is that my current one probably can't put in these stuff, as it's those cheapo kind. I am currently using a 2 feet tank, with 3 plants, flame n java moss and us fissiden.. Had 10 red cherry shrimps in it.

Would greatly appreciate all help given. Thank u!!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Question on filters n bio homme. Newbie here..

Bro, I tried to pm you but you unable to receive pm. Maybe can check out my selling thread below.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ter?highlight=
    Fish keeping is not a good hobby unless you received support from your family to keep them.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

For reasonable priced HOB filter, you probably can check out our marketplace section or some of the LFS like C328, Y618, etc.
    Whether what brand will have to depend on your budget. For some quick ideas on what to get, you probably can checking out the specifications of the tanks in our aquascaping section. Personally I am just using a simple Atman HOB filter for my 1.5ft.
    Biohome is a filter media which essentially allows bacteria to reside thus offering a biological filtration process.
    It's simple...but no one said it will be easy

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thank u... Is it a must to get a bio home then? Cause I consulted some expert and he said it's good.. Btw I m rearing shrimps... Anyway to get rid of their waste to avoid the ammonia spike etc, or any thing can eat those waste, other than using bio home?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

It is definitely good to have filter media for biological filtration but definitely not a must to get Biohome. Biohome is just one of the many filter media available so you can always opt for other brands also.
    Cherry shrimps are relatively much easier to keep keep compared to CRS and likes. I do not think any fish eat poops, if that's you mean by waste. However if you referring to left over food, Corydoras are good to have. Else, try not to overfeed to help reduce accumulation of left over food. In addition, water changes also helps to reduce the accumulation of undesirable chemicals.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ohh.. Thank u !! So it's good to have a media... But if my HOF is too small, I just find some place n dump in the media such as bio home?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry for double posting, but thanks for answering my question... All issues solved.. But a minor question which side track abit... I fit a piece of wire mesh/ sponge into the area where the tube of my filter is sucking up the water... Will it help not to suck up the new born shrimps?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Good to know things going good for you.
    Stuffing the tube should work as well in preventing the shrimplets from getting sucked in. Or you can wrap the mesh/sponge/wool around the opening of the water inlet.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHcp View Post
    Sorry for double posting, but thanks for answering my question... All issues solved.. But a minor question which side track abit... I fit a piece of wire mesh/ sponge into the area where the tube of my filter is sucking up the water... Will it help not to suck up the new born shrimps?
    Bro, since you frequent 328 often you can try to get a sponge to stuff at the inlet of the filter intake.
    Fish keeping is not a good hobby unless you received support from your family to keep them.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha thanks alot bro! I Try le... But it doesn't seems to affect much of the water flow... Which makes me wonder like that is it useful?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

maybe can take a pic and show us? easier to comment
    for me I stuff some filter wool into the inlet, the flow is noticeably reduced