Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Ideas/Suggestion for New Tank

Feedback Score

Ideas/Suggestion for New Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, my new tank (4 footer) are now ready to add plants into it....i've filled the water upto half on the tank ony...

the question is;

1. Should i just chin-chai plant and let it recycle??

2. Or should i go all out for it??...means, get all the plants i want, and plant them all at one time??

As i already have a seasoned filter, so no need to wait for the bacterial growth of my filter...

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i'd go with 2

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    1) why chin cai plant leh? plant the want you want your aquascape to look from the start. Save you all the trouble of re-planting and transplant shock. And why need to cycle the tank again leh? What will build up?

2) yes. plant all from the start. you might like to start with more fast growing stem plants first and slowly replace them with more expensive or desired plants later.

Another thing... planted tanks dun cycle like fish tank, cos all the ammonium sucked by plants. so you will not see the peaks in nitrite and nitrate... unless your plants not doing good or something died in there.

Filter in a plant tank is controversial. Useful but not essential (not many people will agree).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/22/2002 3:07:01 PM

Another thing... planted tanks dun cycle like fish tank, cos all the ammonium sucked by plants. so you will not see the peaks in nitrite and nitrate... unless your plants not doing good or something died in there.

Filter in a plant tank is controversial. Useful but not essential (not many people will agree).
    ----------------
    first part wholly agree
    second part oso agree
    but i like the current and the clear water
    i don't rely on it for biofiltration much tho