Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: *URGENT* Require assistance in IDing this freshwater crayfish and equipment

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

*URGENT* Require assistance in IDing this freshwater crayfish and equipment

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi I have no prior knowledge of keeping crustaceans but i caught this fellow while i was prawning in hai bin

Can anyone help me ID this cray/lobster and the equipments needed to provide him a decent aquarium.

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: *URGENT* Require assistance in IDing this freshwater crayfish and equipment

It is cherax quadricarinatus, the most common crayfish. It can grow upt to 20 cm long. You can just keep it in a 2 ft tank (you can keep it in a 2ft tank for its whole life) with a hang-on filter and a pipe or wood for it to hide. Of course if you are keeping more than one, then you should put more hiding places. Also, these are quite good escapers, keep your tank covered if not they will crawl out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I went to seletar farmway to get some basic equipments you mentioned. However, I wanted to get this fellow a tankmate for it but I do not see that particular breed of clayfish on sale.
    They are basically selling blue, orange and albino ones. Anyone knows where can I purchase one?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Have u tried C328? I think it has the best collection. Remember that if you keep two, have lots of hiding places or one of them will be bullied. I think the most important is to cover your tank. I left a 2cm gap and it was found 2 days later...
    More than ONE fish = Fish
    More than ONE species of fish = Fishes