Singapore

Question Plant ID & Help with Dying plant

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

can someone help to ID this plant?

I got it from NA, removed the plastic & sponge covering the roots and plant it into the substrate. After a few days, the leaves started shedding and the stem broke at the base.

Can someone advise what's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Plant ID & Help with Dying plant

It's a tonina, and it requires certain conditions for growth.
    You will need to provide your setup details, ie. lights, temp., co2, fert. for the experts here to offer advices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have this !!! Bought 2 packet, opened up the sponge and planted the stem individually, weeks later, leafs turns brown to transparent to dropping everywhere. Other leafs which didn't drop, shrink, deformed. Stem rot too. After stem rot, I cut and replant, same thing goes around. Ended up I remove those that rot and left 2 small stalk for it to grow. I find it hard to keep. Plus I just started planted aquarium, would like to hear from the bros here too, on what to expect for this plant.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have the very same plant too and it did the very same as you guys. So instead of planting it now, i just left it floating in the tank. I think it grows very fast but some how it will rot if planted cause mine have been floating for a month now without any rotting. Maybe other bros here will give better advice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is this plant called Anacharis too? Or is that a different plant entirely? Do you use Seachem Flourish Excel? If the plant is an Anacharis and you DO use Excel, then I think the main cause would be the Excel.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It is "tonina sp. belem" mid to high difficulty go read up on it at plantgeek. It is actually the "more easy" tonina. No, it is not in the Anacharis aka "Elodea" family. Through experience it need low temperature, moderate to high light & low KH about 3-4max and the standard CO2.