Country
    Singapore

Corydoras Habrosus & Kuhli Loach

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Has anyone seen the Corydoras Habrosus in our LFS lately? I once bought 5 from a LFS in Bishan, but they died cos the tank condition was not good. (They're also "tortured" in the shop cos the guy who caught them for me actually hit the net onto the container in order to get them out! You know, scoop out and hit???) But are they hardy? Anyone with a success story?

Now I'm thinking of putting a shoal into my 5-week old 16inch tank, together with my 6 Corydoras Similis.

Oh, anyone who's looking for Kuhli Loach, I've seen some nice ones at Ben's place, TiongBahru, a couple of days ago. Not too big nor too small.

Is it the weather or what? I can hardly find nice Kuhli Loach in our LFS these days. Either big (old stock) or very small (hardy meh?). Same for Corydoras Panda, either ich or fungus, no longer robust and active.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    c. hasbrosus aren't very hardy
    mine thrived for a few months, and out of the blue the whole batch started to swim very strangely, and died shortly
    as opposed to c. pygmaeus which out of a total of 40 35+ are still with me

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks, dea. then i can forget about c. habrosus.

do c. paleatus grow to albino's size or trilineatus' size? my albinos grew significantly within a week!!!

i'm hoping to get a different (but similar size) cory to put with my c. similis, otherwise i'll just get some more of them when ben's new stock arrives...

thanks!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    most cories are about the same size
    just don't get brochis splendens or c. barbatus

Feedback Score
    ermm....i dunno if it's the loach ur tokin abt...but i saw quite a no. at C328 today...

looks like banded worms rite? black n yellow

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yup..those are kuhlis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, on the subject of loaches, have you guys/gals seen the Saddlespot Loach (Homaloptera Orthogoniata)?

the shop next to ben/tiongbahru had some. very interesting-looking. they grow to about 12cm.

cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, on the subject of loaches, have you guys/gals seen the Saddlespot Loach (Homaloptera Orthogoniata)?

the shop next to ben/tiongbahru had some. very interesting-looking. they grow to about 12cm.

cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hihi coryfan!
    it should be saddleback loach, not saddlespot.
    check out the pics at http://www.loaches.com/homaloptera_orthogonita.shtml
    i think they are cute but bit too big for me
    are you into loaches as well?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi avant!

thanks, i also thought it's saddleback but refered back to my book and saw saddlespot! guess i went back to the wrong book...[]

the only loach i've is kuhli. just that this saddleback looked so interesting in the lfs, stuck to the glass but "dancing" away. young clown loaches are cute too, but they grow too big for my present tanks.

cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hihi coryfan!

there are actually quite a few types of kuhlis around..all differentiated by the patterns of the bands..
    the baby clown loaches will take a long time to grow.. very long..i had a medium size clown that only grew abit for the past year.. if u are into loaches, maybe u can try horsefaced loaches, zebra loaches.. they are very peaceful n non-aggressive.
    so are u thinking of getting that saddleback?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    avant, "no thanks" for the saddleback loach. interesting-looking but also abit too weird for me.[]

have you seen any zebra loach in lfs lately? i'll like to take a look, look look see see...

yah, out of my 4 kuhli, there're already 3 different patterns! i try to get different pattern ones, whenever i buy a few kuhlis.

ben/tiongbahru actually brought in a batch of "dark gray colour", plain ones. looked too much like baby snake lah![:0]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can find zebra loach at rainbow at serangoon north. tiong bahru sometimes have them too. that time i saw a small one at Ben's. wanted to buy it. but i went to the other shop to look see and when i came back, it was already gone.

i got a couple of kuhlis..but they are always hiding among among the driftwood and the slates. only crawl out during feeding time. some of them reside in my floating hornwort with the malayan shrimps.

those silvery snake-like creatures have a pointed face issit? i got a few of them a few weeks back. think they also disappeared in my tank ha.. havent seen them for the past week. i also dunno what they are..dun think they are kuhlis.. suspect them to be dojo loach (cant confirm)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I saw some Kuhli Loach at the Tanglin Halt market too! Bought 2 of them but one of them died .. 8-(

The other one survive and it's so cute when you try looking straight at it's face!

NinjaFly

----------------
    On 2/23/2002 3:13:16 PM

Hi,

Has anyone seen the Corydoras Habrosus in our LFS lately? I once bought 5 from a LFS in Bishan, but they died cos the tank condition was not good. (They're also "tortured" in the shop cos the guy who caught them for me actually hit the net onto the container in order to get them out! You know, scoop out and hit???) But are they hardy? Anyone with a success story?

Now I'm thinking of putting a shoal into my 5-week old 16inch tank, together with my 6 Corydoras Similis.

Oh, anyone who's looking for Kuhli Loach, I've seen some nice ones at Ben's place, TiongBahru, a couple of days ago. Not too big nor too small.

Is it the weather or what? I can hardly find nice Kuhli Loach in our LFS these days. Either big (old stock) or very small (hardy meh?). Same for Corydoras Panda, either ich or fungus, no longer robust and active.
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haa..good luck with them.. i think they aren't really as hardy as they are reputed to be. cute features.
    they are supposed to strive better in peat-based water..so maybe u can try adding blackwater extract.