Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aquascaping clinics round the island.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Aquascaping clinics round the island.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Tetrakid, actually think this shop is not really worth a trip! IMHO, the only one around the area that is worth visiting is Sam Yip at Marine Parade, thou the price is on the high side. The one previously at Tanjong Katong Road is a marine fish shop, a branch of Aquamarin if I remembered correctly.

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

@Merviso

Thank you. Then I must visit Marine Parade soon.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Allow me to say this.

As hobbyists, I don't think we should ever label shops "Not worth it". Based on what standard are we labeling them? If we were to open a LFS, can we even survive the first 3 years? New Katong Aquarium has been around for the last 15 years and if they are REALLY "NOT WORTH THE Trip", would they have survive that long?

Also as season hobbyists, i believe that all the more we need to exercise caution in our comments and inputs because we wouldn't want to cause damage to our beloved hobby in one way or the other. In my dealing with New Katong, while the shop may not be as "up to date" as we would want them to be, I have encounter the owner of the shop dishing very helpful and worthy advices to newbies. I even met Adrian Pang there once.

Reasons as to why the shop is not keen to allow me to conduct workshop there is because he has issues with the management of the building and he do not wish to jeopardize the relationship further. As a hobbyist who is keen to learn more so that I may share and learn at the same time, I have to respect his decision because ultimately, the success of his business is dependent on the building management.

By the way, it is in some of these "Not worth the trip" shops/stalls that I manage to find really good quality fishes because many of the shop/stall owners were previously fish farm owners and they DO have tonnes of knowledge to share only if we are willing to humble ourselves.

My 2 cents worth.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Probably just an unintentional mention by him. But anyway I will definitely pop in when I do go to Katong/Marine Parade area.

Of course, every single lfs is worth visiting. Often it is at the unexpected shops that we find fish which we treasure very much. Like I did.
    Last edited by tetrakid; 24th Mar 2012 at 06:06.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, just a suggestion if you are planning one in the east..maybe can consider those aquarium or farm in pasir ris..also maybe can start at 6.45 or 7pm instead. I believe more people will be able to make it from work. Anyway, really apreaciate your effort and good will. Thx as lot, Bro!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro Altum_Lover76, no problem, maybe I'm a bit harsh on my comment, but my last trip there isn't really a good experience.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    The shop is not exactly in Siglap. My apologies in the mix up of location. It is nearer katong, opposite Katong Laksa. Roxy Square Basement.

Cheers.
    Just wondering if you have considered Yun Feng Aquarium or KK Aquarium. Both are in Tampines area but separate neighborhoods and they also have a Planted Tank as main shop display ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
    Hi bro Altum_Lover76, no problem, maybe I'm a bit harsh on my comment, but my last trip there isn't really a good experience.
    NO problem bro. I guess we all have moments in life where we are either too harsh with our words or action. I too have episodes of such moments. Similarly, if I have step on your toes by my post, apologies. My motivation for this thread is to help the industry in whatever ways possible and this clinic idea is just one small way of contributing.

That aside, bro chinsm, for Yun Feng, I did spoke to them once. Allow me time to follow up as I have been busy with building enclosures for schools and hospitals.

Thank you.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

No worry, guess hobbyists are all driven by passion!

Yun Feng is a good place to visit. Me and my friend will sometimes visit them after going to the Paris Ris fish farms. There is another LFS 2 blocks away at Blk 822, Golden Classic Aquarium, which is more on monster fish and feeders.

Bro Altum_Lover76, have you spoken to Aqua Empire before since they are the new kids on the block... Their place is big with full air-con, and they put quite a bit of effort on their tank setup, thou non-planted tanks at the moment. Will be interesting if they put some focus on planted or even Paludarium/Vivarium as well since they are selling beautiful backgrounds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro Altum_Lover76, have you spoken to Aqua Empire before since they are the new kids on the block... Their place is big with full air-con, and they put quite a bit of effort on their tank setup, thou non-planted tanks at the moment. Will be interesting if they put some focus on planted or even Paludarium/Vivarium as well since they are selling beautiful backgrounds.
    maybe you can help by opening the door?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Haha, went there quite a few times to drool over their background collection while my friend bought some of their Cichlids. Will try to start some conversation when the opportunity arises.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

keep me updated.

My number is ABCDEFG. Thanks.
    Last edited by David Moses Heng; 25th Mar 2012 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

David, got your number! You might want to remove it just in case someone start spamming you with advertisement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

David, got your number! You might want to remove it just in case someone start spamming you with advertisement.
    Thanks. Done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Hi Blesschwee, maybe you can pm me your number and we carry on from there?

i stay at yew tee.
    hi Bro I have send you a pm
    Last edited by David Moses Heng; 25th Mar 2012 at 21:27. Reason: sms lingo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BlessChwee View Post
    hi Bro I hv send you a pm

hi. You mind resend the pm? I didn't get it. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

To all those whom have been following this thread. I was thinking can I request all members who are interested to post your preferred location here and I will try my very best to accommodate.

I think in order for me to convince or even arouse the LFS interest, a list of interested participants may help the LFS owner decide whether is it viable for them to hold such an event.

Also, to be able to pull the workshops off nicely, I cannot do it alone. Hence, may i humbly ask for assistance by maybe helping to collate the list of interested participants and also to provide simple logistic support ?

Do let me know so that I may know how to move this.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123