Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is MM = HM?

Feedback Score

Is MM = HM?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey guys i'm a little confused here, in tropica's website HM was previously known as MM, i thought MM has got tiny short slender leaves(got a bunch in my tank) until yesterday i ordered MM through a lfs,didn't really check the plants until i got home and found out that the leaves of this MM that i got was a miniature version of umbrosum(same rounded leaves but smaller). I checked out tropica's website for the visual and this MM that i got looked rather like the HM mentioned in the webiste. And since HC is a variant of HM,does it mean that HM could also creep like HC coz when i checked out the 'MM' that i ordered, every stalk has got roots at its nodes,almost like runners.

Anyway my question is are MM's leaves supposed to look like miniature umbrosum coz the MM that i have in my tank rite now doesnt look much like this MM that i ordered or the one in my tank isn't MM at all?By the way the MM in my tank looks similar to the MM pic on this website. Or are the leaves just in different states,emersed vs submersed?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think what you ordered is MU, which has round leaves. MM looks like mini-Egeria as mention at Tropica's website.

Hemianthus micranthemoides (synonym Micranthemum micranthemoides) -- MM

Micranthemum umbrosum -- MU
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    MM also come with a few types. Mostly is 2 leaves or 4 leaves. Means that there are 2 or 4 leaves at each interval.

The one i had actually got "mutated". It changes from the original 2 leaves to 3 leaves.

MM and MU are actually from the same family. That may be the reason why the LFS got confused.