Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Gan's Apistos

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Greetings Apistos fans![] Firstly, would like to thank Simon for Saturday's fulfilling trip, thank David for 'Tompanging' us and last but not least, it was a pleasure talking to all you guys who turned up.

Getting down to business. Did some observations on the five babes I bought from Gan's. Noticed they could turn out to be A. 'segelflossen'. Both look very similar 'cept the face patterns but then again, I could be wrong.

Just FYI people, a pair of A. rotkeil will cost you around SGD$ 350 - $500 in Japan. Pair of A. segelflossen will cost you SGD$ 450 - $550 in Japan AND, not forgetting your air tickets there! SO, for all of us who bought these babes on Saturday, we should count ourselves really really lucky. [] Can't wait to see what's next...
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi charlies, when i first id the apisto, I did thght they were A. sailfin.. but then becoz both A.segelflossen and A. rotkeil have similar characteristics

Red-wedge aka rotkeil comes from Rio Uaupes, other name from the rotkeil is the A. uaupesi. While the Segelflossen aka Sailfin comes from Rio Negro

i believe they r closely related

http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/A-uaupesi.html

no doubt there are more than 1 species in Gan's tank and I think becoz Gan introduce some new fishes from another tank, which 2day was empty

notice the blue streak below the eyes

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Moae thanks for helping me choose my pair of apisto from Gan

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, thanks for helping me catch the stubborn female too. anyway, they are doing fine in the tank occupying a corner very heavily planted (or rather neglected) with dwarf sagittaria.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks Simon