6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Questions about my tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have 2 zebra danios , 9 guppies and 2 Indian glass fish in my 10 gallon tank. Will my zebra danios bully my guppy or nip on my guppies' tail?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Questions about my tank

Zebra danios do not usually disturb other fish if kept in groups of 5 or more, but i guess given your tank size it might not be possible, danios also need horizontal room to dart about. Danios, being the fast swimming fish, will stress out the slower moving guppies with their swimming speed, or worst, compete with your guppies for food. Do take caution if you want to add in other tetras though, the Red Serpae and Black Skirt Tetras are fin-nippers in disguise. The Indian glassfish need to be in schools of at least 5 or above too, which is not likely to be accommodated in a 10 gallon. However they mix very well with guppies i hope you didnt' buy the dyed ones.... haha

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So far , the danios are just swimming around and not disturb the guppies , as for food , usually the guppies will let them finish eating then they start to eat . I feed them frozen brine shrimp. I've had those serpae tetras but unfortunately I had to sell them away to my friends as they was nipping on the guppies' tail. I don't see anymore guppy tails being nipped. For the Indian glassfish , fortunately , they are doing well in the tank. When I was at my LFS , I saw those coloured Indian glassfish and I thought it was nice not knowing that it was dyed. After researching on it more , I tried to return it to my LFS but they refused to take it back. Pity the fish.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dun feel to bad you do not know it was dyed. But since you got them, taking good care of them will be great! I suppose zebra danios would require a larger tank to swim about. They are prone to chasing each other.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The colours are fading though. I just got a 90x40x45 cm tank for them and their fries. Any idea how many gallons is that?