Country
    Singapore

Overstocking? Incompability?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros,

I have learnt alot from the forums and this are going well for my tank. Have two 2ft tanks on a brass rack. My top tank planted with CO2 injection keeping a school of 7 tiger barbs, 9 dwarf gourmies and 6 Neo Tetras.

My bottom tank bare with 2 discus and 3 angle fish. The problem now is that my bottom tank filter up lorry and I bo bian had to put the 2 discus and 3 angles in my community planted tank. I was damn nervous that the tigers don't give chance and nip everyone but they have not! (Suprise here..)

So to play save I used a 2 valve airpump, maximum pressure and sunk 2 air stones into the tank as I understand it is kinda overloaded. Any comments and advise? I cannot keep them like that in the long run is it?

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Overstocking? Incompability?

Yes. You can't. This is seriously overcrowded. An ammonia spike will easily wipe out the village. Monitor your tank closely. Please try to change water 25% every two days.

friend always say to me when i used to overstock my tank - they asked "you open fish shop issit??! dont overcrowd"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the reply bro I'm going to set up another tank over the weekend and take out the discus and angel fish. Is my planted tank still too crowded?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I guess not so after discus and angel are gone. It is not so much about the number of fish, but the mass of fish. 1 discus can produce more ammonia than 6 neons. As for me, I believe more leafy plants will help to prevent conflicts between fishes. =)