Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

3ft Tank Update

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Please give some comments as to how i can improve on it? Still have a lot to learn. Thanks! []

Btw my discus have spawned in my tank... hehehe []
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    are those white stuffs on the surface skimmer the eggs?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup... Got about 100 plus I guess...
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How often do you change your water?
    Read that Discus need very clean water conditions,
    Thought of getting discus for my 3ft tank too.

Maybe you can create some shade for your dicus.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    is it very hard to rear discus?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How long did it take for yr hairgrass to grow?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Chua and CT,

I change about 50% water every 2 weeks. I don't overfeed them and I usually give them bloodworms and Tetrabits. Beefheart about 2 to 3 hours before i change the water. Not that difficult to keep discus unless you want to be a breeder. Still have about 6 turquoise discus juveniles in a grow-out tank. Will transfer them to the main tank in about 10 months or so...

Initially when I put in the discus they were quite stressed due to the strong lightings. What I did was on the lights for 2 hours at first, and increase by 2 hours over one week. Now they can handle it and they don't dash around anymore. I also planted the Nuphar Japonica to provide shade for them to hide under.

MdmBudak,

I planted the hairgrass for about close to 2 months. Can see runners in the gravel. No algae problems yet. Will give them a haircut soon as I have read that it stimulates growth...(not sure if its true though)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thks for sharing.

I don't really know what is the purpose of feeding them beefheart 2 to 3h before changing water.

Can enlighten me.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    ----------------
    On 11/13/2003 12:26:42 AM

Thks for sharing.

I don't really know what is the purpose of feeding them beefheart 2 to 3h before changing water.

Can enlighten me.

----------------
    Beefheart decomposes fast in water and deteriorate water quality. Therefore, must change water and siphon the leftover as soon as the discus finish with their meal.