Singapore

Help with Using Daphnia for Green Water

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys!
    I am currently having green water.
    I have read up all the options and decided that the Daphnia option is the one I will try.
    My question is,
    1. How much Daphnia should I put in (I have a 3 foot tank)? I put in three packets but it seems like there's not a lot of effect. The other worry is, if there's too many Daphnia, would it increase the bio load and also cause more waste when they die?

2. If the purpose of the Daphnia is to get rid of the algae, doen't water change do the same thing? Or is the Daphnia able to eat everything up?

Please help me guys. I really miss looking at my beautiful tank.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i think introducing daphnia isn't a good idea. firstly, they are kept in very harsh environment, u might introduce parasite into your tank. secondly, if you have fishes in the tank, they will have a feast.

other solution:
    UV filter or totally blackout for a few days

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 11/16/2003 1:35:27 AM

i think introducing daphnia isn't a good idea. firstly, they are kept in very harsh environment, u might introduce parasite into your tank. secondly, if you have fishes in the tank, they will have a feast.

other solution:
    UV filter or totally blackout for a few days
    ----------------

ya... dun think putting daphnia is a gd idea.. they smell quite bad too.. probably too much light or added too much fertilizer... or maybe use a better filtration method...

- btw.. water change will not do much to get rid of the algae.. it will still grow if the water condition is bad, and if the lighting is too strong, it will still replicate