Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Nikon vs Canon

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    in GEAR UP! LOCK and LOAD! thread, almost all are into canon system.
    what made you choose canon over nikon? is canon more superior over nikon?
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the price of the 300D... but thinking back, my bro would have more lens for me if I would have chosen a nikon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This is such a sensitive topic and usualy draws heated argument in photography forums...

I suppose for aquarists, many whom are starting from ground up, the total cost of ownership will probably be a major factor if we are talking about DSLR. The Canon 300D reigns in the entry level DSLR segment due to the under US$1000 price bracket. Nikon does not have such an offering.

As for prosumer and consumer compact digital cameras, there's probably a more even spread, to even include other brands like Sony, Olympus, Casio, etc etc. It's just that most of the forumers have not indicated their choice of equipment due to the fact that that thread is new and also the primary interest in this forum is aquatic pursue rather than phtographic pursue. As such, the photograpic section in this forum may not receive much attention except from aquarists who have recently aquired equipment, which incidentally are Canon 300D owners as well as Canon G5 owners at this point in time.

Nikon's range of equipment and accessories can rival Canon's offering anytime. The photographic community is waiting for Nikon's sub US$1000 DSLR offering to close the gap with Canon. In all other segments/categories, they are considered evenly matched.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    so it's another case of nikon being slow off the starting block again. hopefully they will buck up and give canon a run for the money.
    thomas liew