Feedback Score

Ranchu Needs Help Urgently

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear brothers/Sis...

I have two beloved Ranchu that is pleague with some problem:

1. Ranchu 1 has dropsy..ie; bloated stomach with scales now protruding...can someone provide some advise ?

2. Ranchu 2 is floating and somethimes found inverted.. can never swim properly...

If anyone has the method or have experience to cure them ? Apprciate advise tremendously .

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/16/2003 1:41:30 PM

Dear brothers/Sis...

1. Ranchu 1 has dropsy..ie; bloated stomach with scales now protruding...can someone provide some advise ?

2. Ranchu 2 is floating and somethimes found inverted.. can never swim properly...

If anyone has the method or have experience to cure them ? Apprciate advise tremendously .

Thanks...

----------------

CAse 1. Add Epsom salt and Interpet No.9 might help if the condition is not too serious.

Case 2. Swim bladder disease which is common for goldfish. I've Seen Interpet coming out with anti-swimbladder medication, try look for it.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Feedback Score
    Thanks Brother Seah,

Will heed the advise and advise duly...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My Lionhead Veiltail also become liddat leh... I treated with salt, Interpet's Medication 13 (Swimbladder Treatment) and Ocean Free's Herbal Medicine for Internal Bacteria diseases (T2, I think). It got alrite for a while before going bellyup and lying on the aquarium floor a few days ago. Now, the medicine seem to have no effect anymore... What to do now? The fish also like emaciated liddat...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/16/2003 1:41:30 PM

Dear brothers/Sis...

Ans : You need heater to go with it, set it to 30degrees, with epsum salt, change water daily, quarantine it. Add epsum salt with care, do not overdose. For me I just use aquarium salt, 0.3%. How long have you discover the droopsy? If treated early, there is still hope, if not chances of recovering is very slim. I had this experience when I first started keeping ranchu. It is due to dirty water, high ammonia. Droopsy is not able to be treated and not contagious.

Ans: Do not overfeed, have different feeding food. Maybe you have been feeding pellets all the time. Stop feeding for a week, add salt with heater. It will help but it take a long time to heal intestine problem.

Keep me posted. If you need help, call me @ 9673 1808.

Good Luck.

----------------
    Cheers
    CFP

Feedback Score
    Hi all,

Thanks for the advise.. Ranchu 1 just died on me today []

Ranchu 2 seems to be able to swim abit liao, but still remain on water surface...

err,,flekk...is it safe to stop feeding it for a week ? I am quite sceptical ... must understand hor...the fishes belongs to my wife...already she cried on me a few time due to the loss of her Ranchus in the course of our raring...I don't want to be the murderer..and its very hard to find the Ranchu that she like !!

She only wants pure white and round ranchu with square head !!
    In the course of my search over a year, I only manage to get her 5 !! and 2 have already died...and this one is sick....

Jeezzzzzz.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Not easy to cure swim bladder problem. If feeding pellets, make sure to soak the pellets for 5-10mins before feeding. Better to use sinking pellets like Hikari Lionhead. Sometimes I starve them for 1-2 days and then feed them green peas. It seems to help their digestion a bit. Remove skin on peas and soak for 5-10mins also.

Feedback Score
    Hi Vic,

The green pea thingy have already tried but to no avail. But this little bugger is still surviving strongly?? Jeezzz how much can I do to cure him .....

Thanks for the advise Vic