Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Eleocharis parvula and Eleocharis acicularis

Eleocharis parvula and Eleocharis acicularis

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Has anyone tried the two Eleocharis as foreground plant before?
    Both propagated from runners, acicularis grow up to 7cm long and parvula more then 10cm. I am wondering which one will look better as a foreground plant. I've just planted parvula to my 4ft tank, hope i'll not be disappointed to see the end result.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ben, you know what my HG looks like right? all the height guidelines are just that, "guidelines". mine was closer to 18cm high!
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My hairgrass grew as tall as 7-8 cm after a year without trimming. Recently, I removed all of them and replanted them. Now they stay around 3-5 cm tall, which looks nicer.

I guess in order for them to remain short, constant trimming may be necessary. Another thing to note is to ensure light is not blocked! I took my hairgrass for granted back then, thus leading to its tall leaves.

Perhaps you wanna check out the small tank at Bioplast. The hairgrass looks really nice and short. It was that tank that led me to replant my hairgrass! =)

Cheers!

Cheers!