28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Enquiry on Freshwater Puffers

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello to all bros, i am currently looking for some Pure freshwater puffers, which are middle/ ideal in size for a 2 ft tank and breedable.

- So far i only saw and reared DP - dwarf puffers

May i check with all bros here is there any other kind of puffers that are pure freshwater and will stay the max middle in size - I do know a few BIG puffers which are 100% freshwater - such as the Malibu

Would appreciate any bro can guide me here as i am looking for some freshwater puffers.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Enquiry on Freshwater Puffers

Congo puffer, bailey puffer and arrowhead puffer are pure freshwater, but you can keep only one in a 2ft tank otherwise they will fight. Red eye puffer (carinotetraodon irrubesco) is about 2 inches long and also pure freshwater, can keep maybe 2-3 in a 2ft tank.

All 4 puffers mentioned above can be found in singapore however now is not puffer season, hard to get puffer.

Congo puffer normally cost about 60-70 dollars, bailey 30 dollars, arrowhead and red eye about 15-20 dollars.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro thanks for the advice! I see Congo, Bailey and arrowhead all quite big size ... Able to put in 2 ft tank? As for the red eye I think I never see before in LFS... Bro u mind recommend where can find such puffers and when is the season? Bro if possible can you contact me at 91625992 cause it's easier there as I can't go online often.

Thanks again for your great advice!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Since you've bred the Dwarf Puffer, I guess you might want to look for the Amazon puffer, Colomesus asellus. Not known to have been bred in captivity but you can always try.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, yesterday smsed with bro lucas - he say amazon puffer difficult to breed... haha and i dont think size wise they can fit my 2ft tank....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Well, most puffers require a fair bit of space and specific water conditions to thrive. There's another Carinotetraodon that you might want to look for, in particular C. imitator.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hahah ok thanks! Am doing intensive reasrach on all those names the kind bros provided.. Thank you!
    Been awhile since i last kept shrimps/ fishes, please give me your kind guidance!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Finally I get to see Congo puffer today. Very interesting but expensive.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmm.. Bro, care to share where and how much...?Congo is nice, but they can grow big....
    Been awhile since i last kept shrimps/ fishes, please give me your kind guidance!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It's at Pasir Ris Farmway 2... Guess that stretch only 1 shop if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHcp View Post
    Hmm.. Bro, care to share where and how much...?Congo is nice, but they can grow big....

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Farmart? Bro, I don't drive ... And I haven't been there before, you mind directing me how to go, and what thing they sell there? Thanks bro!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Singapore 518235

Hope this helps... If you don't drive, this LFS is kind of distance away from the main road.

Actually i was there just for the puffer, did walk around the accessories part, nothing interests me much.

Farmart? Bro, I don't drive ... And I haven't been there before, you mind directing me how to go, and what thing they sell there? Thanks bro!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You are a puffer fanatic too? did you manage to see any other species of the puffers other than the congo? By the way, does any bro here know if there is any form of shuttle bus that can drive us there?

- Bro sorry to have so much question, but do you know if there are other shops in the farmarts, other than aquarium stores? or is there a few aquarium stores?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I will not say I'm a puffer fanatic. I do have a 1.5ft tank for it. Still prefer my shrimps.. Haha..

I remember seeing dwarf and MBU (10-12cm) there too. I heard from my friend there's another place that sell cheaper puffer but I yet to have his contact. Maybe once I verify then I let you know again.

I seriously doubt there are any shuttle bus or maybe you can give them a call to check on that again?

You are a puffer fanatic too? did you manage to see any other species of the puffers other than the congo? By the way, does any bro here know if there is any form of shuttle bus that can drive us there?

- Bro sorry to have so much question, but do you know if there are other shops in the farmarts, other than aquarium stores? or is there a few aquarium stores?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ah, dwarf and MBU... bro, you kept puffer in 1.5Ft tank? Care to share the set up and how many you kept... they are quite aggressive ehh..

haha ok thanks bro, if you know any other place sell cheap puffers, let me know!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmmm... So far i have 2 only. Figure of 8 and green puffer. Very small in size.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro - figure 8 is freshwater? its size is bigger than Dwarf Puffer abit right? - green puffer - if i am not wrong are marines/ saltwater ehh... you kept both together?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Actually I'm very new to puffer. I did manage to have both of them together but heard from friends that they will actually attack each other. But so far so good.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yup they will attack, but if there is hiding place - which is out of their line of sight it probably will not ahppen. Bro, did you keep both of them in marine or freshwater tank? Cause i would like to keep green puffers/ green spotted puffers, but i read up that they will not do well and have shorten lifespan in Freshwater tanks, plus - their offspring will never survive or they wont even breed...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmmm.. I had them for about a month. So far so good. The tank is actually quite empty...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast