2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Benibachi Soil for growing foreground plants

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am going to start a new planted tank. I currently have Benibachi Soil and Mosura Old Sea Mud. I intend to spread a layer of Mosura Old Sea Mud followed by Benibachi Soil. Does anyone know whether Benibachi Soil is effective for growing hairgrass/glosso/HC?

My new tank will be either 1.5ft or 2ft, coupled with a chiller and DIY CO2. I intend to get only 1 other fertiliser product, maybe Borneowild Lush for the growth the plants. Does anyone have any opinion on which product would be good? Ive heard of Flourish Excel and Seachem. Oh and of course lights, probably T5 lights.

BTW, my tank is gonna be for shrimps only. I've seen many people growing the plants I intend to grow with ADA soil. But since i already have the Benibachi Soil, would it be sufficient? Or should I get some ADA soil or GEX soil to layer below the Benibachi Soil? Or will mixing the ADA soil / GEX soil with Benibachi Soil yield better results?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Benibachi Soil for growing foreground plants

from what i know, benibachi soil is not really good for rooted plants.

its more of a shrimp soil than a planted soil. maybe you can do like bottom ada soil, then a thin layer of benibachi soil to flush with the rest of the soil at the back. you might have to wait till your fore ground plants to root well before you add shrimps as they are well know to move soil. hehehe.
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eviltrain View Post
    from what i know, benibachi soil is not really good for rooted plants.

its more of a shrimp soil than a planted soil. maybe you can do like bottom ada soil, then a thin layer of benibachi soil to flush with the rest of the soil at the back. you might have to wait till your fore ground plants to root well before you add shrimps as they are well know to move soil. hehehe.
    Yeah that was what I was thinking. Thanks for the tip! Any idea which fertiliser would be best for plants like glosso or japanese hairgrass? I'm doing a iwugami concept kinda of a thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hi i have benibachi soil and ada mixed around 80/20 and my glosso is spreading depending on the foreground plant you have too glosso requires medium to high light and also co2 plus good fertilizer regime will start to give results

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by nastro View Post
    hi i have benibachi soil and ada mixed around 80/20 and my glosso is spreading depending on the foreground plant you have too glosso requires medium to high light and also co2 plus good fertilizer regime will start to give results
    Meaning 80% benibachi 20% ada? Which ADA soil exactly? Amazonian II? So you just mix both soils up and put in together instead of layering them, am i right?

Also, what fertilizer regime would you recommend? Thanks.