Images
    Country
    Singapore

Some shots with my G5

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Not many decent shots and not much time to play with my G5. Anyway, here's some to share. Picture taken from the 3ft at home, hand held.

Three striped pencilfish

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'tropica'
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [:0] Wah, whats the brand and model of the DC? [:] whats the price? Not bad. Me got 3ft now but no decent camera. []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The latest toy in AQ is 300D. Mine is a Cannon G5 which looks obsolete infront of all the 300Ds around!!
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

http://www.websamba.com/TechDome/fishimg/fish1.jpg

Me got a disposalable one...end up with a blur blur pict as u can see. Not enought lighting too. I actually on almost 5 to 6 lights.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    After some experimenting with simon and wynx, I realised that using a flash really makes a great difference in the outcome. But too bad, I don't have that much budget for equipment

I believe shaky hands contributes a lot to the blurrness.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yah...here is the difficult part, not reflecting any lights to the glass. Guess having a DC does make a different.[]

The pict u see is only the lower right corner of the tank. Rest of the picts all blur out...: P bad pict..bad pict.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/20/2003 12:43:36 AM

After some experimenting with simon and wynx, I realised that using a flash really makes a great difference in the outcome. But too bad, I don't have that much budget for equipment

I believe shaky hands contributes a lot to the blurrness.
    ----------------
    An external flash does make a difference. To your photography and not to mention to your wallet. At the moment, the flash that I am aiming for..cost as much as a decent digital camera!! So I guess time to save up and get that flash and macro lens. [] []
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yah, just got my wireless hot shoe transmitter, now I can put my flash anywhere I like. More importantly I can now go and get ANOTHER external flash
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    BTW lorba, the pics are pretty good given the constraints. Do you have the full-resolution version for me to look at?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think I still have them somewhere . The pictures are Auto levelled, the original one are somewhat plainer in color.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think these pictures are quite good. The subjects you are tyring to communicate are well presented and the colors look natural with the the necessary correction. I'm not going to touch on the good bits as it's obvious, so let me touch on areas for improvement.

The first picture is a good presentation of the fish. However, it's a litle bit blur. Instead of a tripod, you will find that a cheap monopod works wonder for improving sharpness for your picture. Do consider. Alternatively, there's always flash and there's an earlier post which I had a link to show how it can be done on a shoe strip. Search under TIP. If all else fail, use a higher shutter speed and under exposed a bit. Correct the exposure later with editing software.

The plant is taken an a slight angle from top down. There is a slight distortion resulting from shooting at an angle from the glass, especially if it's more than 6mm thick. Actually, the thicker the glass, the more problems you have. If you are not using on camera flash, trying shooting directly perpendicular to the tank. Less distortion and color shear.

This picture shows my favorite type of catfish, Corydoras!! You could have cropped out the distracting oto and a bit of the substrate. The overall ratio will still be the same, but the picture will be much more outstanding. The Skunk Cory is actually quite sharp.

Keep 'em pictures comming!

Cheers,

p.s. If your G5 is obsolete, then my camera is an antique collectible already.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Mine is a hooded tank hinged on the back, so I will have some problem using a flash on it.

I have a very newbie question. I already have 144W on top, how does a flash not make it worse, too bright? Does it means with such set up, I will use faster shutter speed?
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Very good shots -- given the constraints.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/22/2003 9:25:18 AM

Mine is a hooded tank hinged on the back, so I will have some problem using a flash on it.

I have a very newbie question. I already have 144W on top, how does a flash not make it worse, too bright? Does it means with such set up, I will use faster shutter speed?
    ----------------
    what do you mean? 144W isn't enough for photography, you'd still need an external flash from off-side of your camera. Another over the top improves shadow etc.

BTW, if you're using the G5 internal flash you can try second curtain sync (press the FUNC button), seem to reduce glass reflection for me.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't think we need external flash for beautiful web publish ... and if your tank is bright enough.

I like the Cory Pic very much. It looks fantastic. Yes ! as Benny says crop out the rest.

[]
    Click to My Aquarium Blog
    I Love Corydoras, Planted Tank and Taiwan ( Singaporean )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    tanks are hardly ever bright enough, perhaps if you have a couple of MH close together. But the big question should be "Bright enough for What?quot; if you have a stationary fish, it can be bright enough by lowering your shutter speed, if you're trying to go for a Danio, you would need at least 1/80 to get any crisp picture at all, which will require flash.

I have 108W PL in 40cm of water (depth), even at f/3.0 the autoexposure will give me typically 1/15s.