Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Digital Editing.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ok: if anyone finds a suitable action/plug in that can remove glass reflection.. let me know.

(I saw something about fractal sharpening but I don't know how effective it is)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wishful thinking for the near future.

Why don't you consider eliminating the reflection at the source before you take the picture.

Use a cloth, switch off the lights, etc. Sure beats unnatural touch up anytime. There's only so much a plug in can do for a hotspot from a very bright reflection.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

observe the glass reflection.. no way to take it out from the scene itself..

check out fractal sharpen
    http://actions.home.att.net/dSLR_Fractal_Sharpen.html
    claims to:
    "use Genuine Fractals in a unique way to actually "see through" the fuzziness and create an image that's truly sharper than the original."

well, I certainly hope it can see through the glass reflection. heh.
    oh well.

http://www.rogercavanagh.com/softwar...ews/14_dfs.htm

here's some advice from dpreview about the issue.

Hello: there is a method used for removing eyeglass glare that can be used to remove reflections in general. However, no one method is the cure all for something as difficult as glare removal.

Anyway, In general reflections wash out portions of an image so you have to recreate lost information. You can do this in a number of ways but the best way is to copy and paste good sections of your image into the areas in need of retouching.

One method is to use the pen tool and create a path around the area in your image. Save the path and name the path.

Next, select the path and then click the load path as selection button at the base of the paths palette. Now move the selection to an area in your image that doesn't need retouching. Now choose edit, > copy. Once you've made your copy slect the path again in the paths palette and click load path as select button again. then choose edit >paste into to fill your area with new nonglare data. Finish up by cloning data on a new layer with use all layers check box selected. This is a great method for eye glass glare and will work on almost any glare problem.. But nothing is perfect with any method.

Forgive I need to add some more information on the above method... After you paste Into ... you will see a new layer that photoshop has created. you can lower the opacity so you can see though it a bit. then change the foreground color to black in the toolbox. Now with a small brush you can paint and hide any unwanted portions of the newly pasted section. Switch back and forth with the brush color (white or black ) to adjust and play with opacity settings.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Agree with Benny, work on the source of the problem first if possible.

Every glass reflection is unique and requires different technique to solve. There're many useful tools in image editing software, depending on what's the problem. Possible tools could be cloning, burning, dodging, healing, etc... Using Plugin helps but to a limited extent.

Bear in mind that doing digital touchup can usually be time-comsuming and requires good knowlegde of software skills, else it might look unnatural or make things worse. The best is to avoid such labour intensive job if you can.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore