Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: What else to add to have a balance dose of fert?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

What else to add to have a balance dose of fert?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys,

Currently I am doing daily dose of Ca(NO3)2, KH2PO4, K2SO4 and JBL Ferropol Liquid Fertilizer.

What else do you guys suggest I dose in order to supply the plants with a balance diet?
    Or do i replace the JBL Ferropol Liquid Fertilizer with some other type of ready made liquid fert?

Currently to my best of knowledge I have the following plants in my tank:-

- Sword Plants
    - 3 Different types of Lily
    - Spiky Moss
    - Nanas
    - Unknown type of Vallisneria
    - Unknown type of Cryptocoryne
    - A couple of other types of unknown plants
    - Duckweeds
    - Salvinias
    - Frogbits

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What else to add to have a balance dose of fert?

I think you are pretty much covered. JBL Ferropol Liquid Fertilizer is pretty reliable though no one knows if there is nitrate and phosphate inside.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by barmby View Post
    I think you are pretty much covered. JBL Ferropol Liquid Fertilizer is pretty reliable though no one knows if there is nitrate and phosphate inside.
    Think on the long run it is kind of costly to use JBL therefore i had bought a bottle of LushGro Micros and doing alternate days of dosing between the JBL and LushGro Micros until the JBL has been use up and I will stick to LushGro Micros.

I am currently using a 4 x 55w PL lights for my tank. The tank size is 4x2x2ft and I think I will need stronger lighting in order to achieve better growth on my foreground plants. So far i have little success in growing any foreground plants, gross and hair grass are not crawling at all. Currently the tank looks like a desert with palm trees
    Do you think by adding another 4 x 54w T5HO lighting will aid the growth of my plants?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I use Seachem Flourish which requires only dose 1-2 times per week. Thats quite cost saving to me.
    More than ONE fish = Fish
    More than ONE species of fish = Fishes

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hardric View Post
    I use Seachem Flourish which requires only dose 1-2 times per week. Thats quite cost saving to me.
    My tank is a 4*2*2 and I'm doing daily dose. If I were to use pre-mixed fertilizer, I will need to stock up every 3-4 months and will cost the same amount of dollars u spend on those self prepare fertilizer which is going to last me for years. So far after 3 months of dosing, I have only use 30 grams of each, Ca(NO3)2, KH2PO4, K2SO4.