Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: New 4ft Planted Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just replanted my 4 ft tank for the new year.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...&members=1
    Regards
    William

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    William,
    Tank do look nice. Nice colour effect with good choice of plants. Plants look very healthy too. But if you don't mind some comments, the plant IMO, is abit too neat and uniform maybe it's a new setup, yes? Causing the tank to look un-natural.

The mangrove root is to far in the side. May want to relocate it to somewhere, maybe using it as a focus point.

Care to share the tank parameters?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Sherchoo

Thks! I just planted the tank on sun. Waiting for it to grow. Basically I find the wood rather odd but now too late to shift. A bit troublesome. Maybe later i will find a new position for it.
    Regards
    William

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice greens and reds, but the leave sizes combination make the 4ft looks a little smaller.

A cluster of some narrow leaved rotala sp or rotala indica (or both) from the back right corner extending towards the center with the macrandra in place could help to balance the feel a little. The green plants on the left corner can be relocated to where the woods now and the center front plants to the left corner.

Add another similiar type of branchy wood (laying down) and extends it from the current wood (without relocating) could to connect it better to the scaping. Some lobelia groups could be little around the branches.

Both the left and right foreground are blyxa? Too fast growing and without painful maintenance, their stems will grow upwards and form two moulds which block your backgrounds.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice colours! I will love to see how's the effect when matured.
    The R.macrandra will surely reach the top. And what about the greenish sword-like plant in the front? If it stays low, then I would add some mid-ground plant to hide the lower parts of the R.macrandra. Usually the R.macrandra will lose some leaves at the bottom when it grows very tall.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    looks good, except for the rows of Echinodorus bleheri.. they can grow to great heights, you might want to repostion them