Country
    Singapore

Trimming E. tenellus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

How do you people trim E. Tenellus and hair grass har? I usually just snip off the top like cutting hair corrlect or not har? Comments anyone?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i know its done for hairgrass.. but dunno abt tenellus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Err..Jellydot, you got cute name har. Trim E. tenellus ah?
    Mmmm, let's see hor...[] Well dun worry, just get down with a pair of sharp scissors and trim those babes. Note, those runners you see from the 'mother' plant, dun cut them too soon. As a thumb of rule, start trimmin' only when you see them havin' like 5-6 running plantlets. Cut off the 'Linked' runners between them, and pretty soon, you'll see them sprouting new runners from each individual!
    Occasional trimmin' makes them grow healthier and thicker, frequent trimmin' makes them go 'Botak'. Oh yeah, and dun forget the gel and mousse for stylin' after the haircut. [] Just kiddin'...
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think you need a license to be able to do trimming. Cannot any old how cut here cut there. Not sure whether it's Ministry of Agro-culture or Union of Cute Trimmers (UNCUT) but you cannot simply cut like that no license. They catch you sure fine one. Worse, what if your cutting style damn bad, end up look like Don King, you kena sue.

My recommendation, engage a licensed trimmer. Call 1900-876 5465 CUTTYSHARK for a full service right now!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    hahahaha
    very funny.....budak[]

should be okay if all are trimmed.
    else will look like punks.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    But why you want to trim them in the first place? over running? too tall?
    If too tall, trimming helps for that instant and the plant will grow back to that height. If this the problem, you need plants that fit your requirement, rather than cutting it to make it look like what you want it to look.
    Also, if the plant/tank is not doing well in the first place, cutting it makes it worse. You will remove the nutrients reserves that are stored and the plant will have a difficult time to rebound. Of course the new leaves that sprout will look healther. they are new and still dun have all the crap growing on it.
    If overrunning, you can use a sharp knife and cut the runners and pull them out.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

well...I wanna trim them is not because they have over grown but rather that they are not growing well. I remember that plants grow when we trim them so just like our hair
    I notice those runners that grow at the back of the tank under shades seems to be healthy and robust! dunno why, izit the parent plants helping them but if this is so why is that the parent is withering?
    commnet anyone?