Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Reactor's rate of dissolving CO2

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I would like to ask for everyone's opinion. If i connect the CO2 input into the reactor, does that mean that bubbling rate of CO2 input doesn't matter anymore, since it is now the bio ball inside the reactor that does the dissolving? I have made observations that after using a reactor my plants don't bubble anymore. I think this is due to the reactor being slow to dissolve the CO2. In fact i had to reduce my CO2 input rate because too high a rate results in the entire reactor being filled up with CO2 and thus not functioning properly. Any opinions?
    ============================
    NEON TETRAS WOULD BE PERFECT IF NOT FOR THE ^#&*!()%@^&@%# NEON TETRA DISEASE!!

Feedback Score
    What kind of reactor are you using?

Len

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nope. You still have to adjust the bubble rate until you get the CO2 levels you need. Different amounts of CO2 in the reactor effects the amount that can be dissolved. The flow rate and the level of water indirectly effect the efficiency too.

It's ok if the reactor is partially filled with CO2 (and the balls stop spinning). From my experience, the dissolution rate is still higher, but given the multiple factors, I would suggest you do some trial and error. However, note that even after you turn off the CO2 (assuming you are using a solenoid), the gas left in the reactor will still continue to dissolve. So far, I've not had any trouble with that extra CO2 in the water at night.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.