7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    You can see the tiny specks of bba? My camera only prosumer not to that detail.

These neons are cheap & good. A few of them are 1.5 years old. Their not the prettiest but my tank ain't too pretty too.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 1st time Rockscape+HC

Neons are ok, cardinal are too big for some tanks... smaller fish can help to make the tank look big....

Uncle Felix, your S95 is prosumer?then my cheapo camera consider pre-WW2 camera...LOL

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Felix, during the sharing session, I already said I can't see : P My eye sight is already starting to drop due to aging. Typo mistake are evidence of that as well.
    So sorry...I can't see it.

What I can tell overall is you are already on the right track. Design and looks we have more to learn from the rest who have the finger touch of art. I do not have the art form...average only. How I wish I'd have them too. How I wish I could have all the skills in the world...but for my current skillsets, I already exceeded a lot of people hence I am contended with what I have now. Hopefully I can still pick up somemore...^^Y Learn until old. I haven't reach the right track yet...so I be learning it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Haven't seen you post in a while too :P *hint hint*
    Well, after that huge (from my perspective, of course) & unfortunate incident happened to me in this forum, I took a huge blow to my passion & belief in certain aspects of the pursuit of this hobby. In addition, I didn't know how to handle "that incident"; hence I just kept my mouth "shut", i.e. stop posting, for a while & watch the (local) community past me by. If you notice, right after "that incident" occurred, I stopped all my posting.

But anyway (to bring this post back on topic), I didn't post further because I have nothing to show for it (with respect to my current batch) & I have not secure the consistent critical factor for success, so once again, I just kept my mouth shut, i.e. as I have nothing useful to contribute.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    Well, after that huge (from my perspective, of course) & unfortunate incident happened to me in this forum, I took a huge blow to my passion & belief in certain aspects of the pursuit of this hobby. In addition, I didn't know how to handle "that incident"; hence I just kept my mouth "shut", i.e. stop posting, for a while & watch the (local) community past me by. If you notice, right after "that incident" occurred, I stopped all my posting.

But anyway (to bring this post back on topic), I didn't post further because I have nothing to show for it (with respect to my current batch) & I have not secure the consistent critical factor for success, so once again, I just kept my mouth shut, i.e. as I have nothing useful to contribute.
    So how about being a farmer then? Farm as much HC as possible. No matter how many failures also doesn't matter. I also failed at planting HC. But...so what?
    You could pickup Iwagumi at the same time ^^Y and so kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I was even asked face to face, "sooo....could you even plant this?" Nope...I couldn't and the point where I fail, not much help came forward as well. So now, there is no teacher to guide, why not let yourself be the teacher instead and learn the hard way. Of course I do adopt "Failure is not an option, die die must succeed" attitude but end of the day if fail, just move on and retry again.

I won't say never say die. I just couldn't bear the thought, why simple little plant cannot successfully plant it. Don't care, just try. Improve the learning curve there. Want to die also don't die like a guniang (girl). ^^Y I said to myself.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    Neons are ok, cardinal are too big for some tanks... smaller fish can help to make the tank look big....

Uncle Felix, your S95 is prosumer?then my cheapo camera consider pre-WW2 camera...LOL
    I have a Cannon S45 in the office. compact flash card, qualify for stone age

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    Felix, during the sharing session, I already said I can't see : P My eye sight is already starting to drop due to aging. Typo mistake are evidence of that as well.
    So sorry...I can't see it.

What I can tell overall is you are already on the right track. Design and looks we have more to learn from the rest who have the finger touch of art. I do not have the art form...average only. How I wish I'd have them too. How I wish I could have all the skills in the world...but for my current skillsets, I already exceeded a lot of people hence I am contended with what I have now. Hopefully I can still pick up somemore...^^Y Learn until old. I haven't reach the right track yet...so I be learning it.
    there is a beautiful hateful algae picture which i posted some parts of my tank affected.. but i am sick of fighting chemical war with baa.. i grow plants not fight algae.
    Cannot see still?? no comment........ wait for me to take using DSLR.

boss, understand how you feel.
    Posting and getting "gunned" for your scape is painfully-constructive as i myself learnt when i joined. But when it grows even as a normal planted tank, the feeling when you relax and look it at... AWESOME... (after minus out the backache)
    Try doing the normal "in the water" with Co2 approach, i see quite a few bros dsm having problems. (like with my this setup i eventually gave up and went the normal way).

If have time can coffee with me if ya workng in town

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Wo bro! I'm new to this forum n unsure what went on back then but ur being hard on yourself.

Anyway, on the topic of farming. If either felix or blue whale are growing hc, i'll be more than happy to purchase some. Lol.

Oh did i mentioned how much i love celestial pearl danios? Lol. They love to dance.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So how about being a farmer then? Farm as much HC as possible...
    It is not what I want to do, i.e. I have a neutral inclination towards it.

...You could pickup Iwagumi at the same time ^^Y...
    I did some reading up on Iwagumi for a while & while I like it a lot, I have had other directions for my house's project that isn't strictly Iwagumi. In fact, I recalled that I have a few books on Iwagumi when I was younger, but I couldn't find them when I re-embarked on this hobby. Probably given them away.

...and the point where I fail, not much help came forward as well...
    The thing about Dry-start Method is that even if there is help, every tank's local environment can vary greatly, & even good-natured help can be ill-applied to another person's situation. Examples: how damp is damp soil? How humid is the tank's air? How "small bunch" is a "small bunch"? How regular is "mist the leaves regularly"? How "deep" is "plant the strands deeply"?

...why not let yourself be the teacher instead and learn the hard way...
    That was what I did? & I did learn the hard way, i.e. > 2 months of daily effort, one mistake on my part & I came home to this:

p1000357_processed2.JPG

...but end of the day if fail, just move on and retry again.

I won't say never say die. I just couldn't bear the thought, why simple little plant cannot successfully plant it. Don't care, just try. Improve the learning curve there. Want to die also don't die like a guniang (girl). ^^Y I said to myself.
    Don't worry, I didn't say I'd stop trying. It's just that, many things have occurred in certain months that occupied a significant portion of my concentration, & created unnecessary hassle for me (I'm sure felix will know; with him being 1 of the moderators).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Don't worry, I didn't say I'd stop trying. It's just that, many things have occurred in certain months that occupied a significant portion of my concentration, & created unnecessary hassle for me (I'm sure felix will know; with him being 1 of the moderators).
    Cheer up bro, everyday is a new day, everyday is a new start, everyday will be a better day! When you ready, board the bus, don't stay at the bus stop too long. ^^/ Go have coffee with Felix.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    Wo bro! I'm new to this forum n unsure what went on back then but ur being hard on yourself.

Anyway, on the topic of farming. If either felix or blue whale are growing hc, i'll be more than happy to purchase some. Lol.

Oh did i mentioned how much i love celestial pearl danios? Lol. They love to dance.
    i cut my farm half give you want? or you want smaller patch that is in Styrofoam? those where you see NTUC selling potong ice cream... whole thing can give you foc also.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

@ felix, you're so nice. Wait first. You've grown your HC nicely. I will only ruin it. I'm still "experimenting" with mine. I'll go Seaview to purchase some. Bro you're not running on chiller right? Respect! I dont seem to get better temperature reading. Dont make much different with 2 fans running 24/7 average temperature at 27.5C Max temperature recorded was 28C. Die!

Hoping to get a used chiller next month. Budget. Any idea if that hailea 150 will do good for mine? Havent really research much on chiller.

Oh did i mentioned i love celestial pearl danio? Lol

@ ralliart, dont push yourself down.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have no clue, since the start have no budget to get a chiller. If you have broken ones to give me repair i will love it repair them.
    FYI: Shadow also no chiller keep HC, i am just following suite. Likewise, HC growth in his non pressurised Co2 until now i have not gotten anywhere near

raliart learn very hardway, but good also since he will understand the limitations and requirements as they were "burned in".

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    I have no clue, since the start have no budget to get a chiller. If you have broken ones to give me repair i will love it repair them.
    FYI: Shadow also no chiller keep HC, i am just following suite. Likewise, HC growth in his non pressurised Co2 until now i have not gotten anywhere near

raliart learn very hardway, but good also since he will understand the limitations and requirements as they were "burned in".
    Shadow has a good sense of creativity and green thumbs. But I'm pretty sure, he read a lot, research a lot, trial and error a lot.

But having a chiller has its own benefits. For plants and the variety of fish that can be kept.

So have you been flipping rocks? I've stopped. When I need to get some stuffs, I will just take a look at the rocks. If any looks interesting then I will buy if not , move along. Its annoying when you buy rocks and they look great but when you wash them, disappointment.

I am looking for texture with either grey or slighly bluish tone with a few white veins running though. I've been getting major deposits of white stuffs in the rock. Only gotten like 3-4 good rocks out of 10.

PS: Bonsai; not bongsai. Fine! I was sick for two days. Blame the chlorine in my tap water. Drank too much.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

having chiller sure have benefit, slower metabolism easier to handle. IMO different plant have different response to temperature, some grow faster some grow slower. I guess it depend on where it is originated. Scientifically, it depend on the energy produce by photosynthesis and the energy used for respiration and unfortunately it is not linear. There will be point where energy use for respiration is greater than energy produce by photosynthesis at given temperature. This is where the plant stop growing. Anyway, I don't want to go to detail, to me as long as it is not over 30C, it should be do able to grow plant at least the common plant . Just remember higher temp, higher metabolisme, thus require more fert and CO2.

If you get your rocks from seaview or mainland, you can use the tap and was it to see the color.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Shadow, guess you are tired also, start to have typo there. : ) Rest well over the long weekend okay?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Shadow. I was thinking along the same lines. But not so indepth as what you have mentioned. Reading up on data about plants and fishes, I conclude the temperature on average required is between 26 - 27C. I may be wrong but I'm just looking at the average. That is the temperature I wish to maintain. If my tank reaches 29C, my eyes will lit up. Plants, well sure can try growing them again but my fishes. Living things. Died because I fail to provide a better environment. (Wow drama mama) LOL But on a serious note, you'll get upset won't you.

Oh ya, didn't cross my mind. I will remember that when I visit Seaview or Mainland.

@ Blue Whale, oei don't disturb the "shifu". **VSGenesis watches "shifu" as he goes back to the Shadow,

=P Looooooooooong weekend! Wash car, wash bicycle, clean tank, hunt rocks, hunt driftwood, get poison, buy another tank.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

VS, go stuck your head in arowana tank! wahahahah!

Start reading this:
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ng-Temperature

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

VS, go stuck your head in arowana tank! wahahahah!

Start reading this:
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ng-Temperature
    That one expensive hobby sia. Got a colleague who's crazy about it. Now cycling his tank. Bought that diamond back, is that what it's call? $2k? Think still a young arowana I think. Bought from Sungei Tengah. Didn't know there got shop for this. I like the fish but why can't keepers be more creative. Tank so empty. Saw one aquarist did plants and bogwood.

Fish also must chip ah. If I meet him and his wife, will tell the wife must get a chip for him with GPS also. Then where he go will know.

If I stick my head, my nose "kena" bite how?
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

maybe someday you can try one too. The Word is graceful here.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789