Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

stunted grow

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My fish stunted grow not matter how much I feed them.my tank is 5 feet which provided them plenty of space to move ard.

I keep ranchu b4,now discus.
    Pls advise.Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How many fishes? If you have a hundred discus , 5ft tank isn't a lot of space.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Keep feeding at regular intervals. Also have to change water frequently for the discus to grow bigger. Beefheart also helps as it will give the discus bulk. Is yours a planted tank?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    plant talk,

I suppose u are referring to slow growth but if it is stunted growth, in discus sadly to say that they are very hard to get back to normal size.

a discus once stress are very prone to stunted growth.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys,

I use to keep 6ranchu in my 5ft tank(with no plant).I feed them 3time a day with fozen bloodworm n shrimp.They develop nice hood n color but they hardly grow big.

At 1st I thought that my TV set which is just 1 metre away which is giving radiation to the fish. So I move my TV set away.But when I add in new fish, the same problem continue until today.

Wat could be the problem? Could it be the water from the tap is different from normal tap water condition.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think you should consider other kinds of food. Maybe those pellets that have more protein in them. Bloodworm itself are not very nutricious.

This thread don't belong here. Miving thread.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    I use to give the ranchu plenty of ranchu pellet but still they hardly grow.Could there be other reasons?

Feedback Score
    Hi PlantTalk,

I keep ranchu at home too. How long have you kept them ? My ranchu too grow pretty slow. My rate of grow is about ...say....2" to 5 odd inch in about 18 months. I feed them with mixed of Hikari pellets and blood worms. But please do remember that my fishes are all white, therefore, I believe they are rather slow in growth compare to the normal ones.

As for your Discus, how long have you keep them ? and how big were they when you purchased them ? It takes mine about slightly more than a year to become adult and starts to breed. From my opinion, I think that blue diamonds, the golden yellowish type and cobalt are rather slow in growth rate, Blue turqious are fast grower... and heckel are low to grow too...and they are the smallest compare to Hybrids.. and...Yes..I feed them with mixed of blood worms and my own little formula of shrimps, cabbage, egg yolks and beef heart + water...blend them together and scooop them up in tea spoon onto a tray and keep in the freezer..

Hope this helps...

Cheers