Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: leaking eheim pro II 2026

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    The warranty is only honored by the retailer or distributor you got it from. In our case, the local distributor is Qian Hu Fish Farm. I have no idea who distributes it in your area in the USA but you should look to the local distributor for help. Eheim products can be easily repaired with spare parts that you can order off eBay or online stores if you live out in the boonies but since you need the head unit, then you'd have to contact the main office in Germany instead I think. I've only had one leaking Eheim filter but that was an old Pro 1 2222 and was due to the rubber seal drying out because I forgot to lubricate it with the grease that came with the set.

In your case, it's likely the inner head gasket or something related to the priming feature gave way. A rule of thumb with canister filters is to place it in a plastic tub in case of leakage since it will leak to a certain extent and stop. Every single canister, irregardless of brand, has a chance to leak. Even my old 2026 leaked before but that was because I didn't seal the top right. Since then it hasn't leaked at all and it's still running fine for the past 8-10 years since I first had it. The LFS I bought it from engraved the shop's name on the lower part of the pump unit so if I had issues with it I can go straight to the LFS. Not sure what's the practice for your LFS though.

I sympathise with your case with lousy customer support but then again, it's up to the retailer or distributor for your area to honor the warranty. I don't see why your retailer can't honor it though. He must have a spare 2075 lying around. Then again yours was running for 2 years before breaking down, hence I guess they weren't too keen to replace it. Good luck with your issue and hope the customer support gets it right this time round. I've had my fair share with lousy customer support but this is a first if anything for Eheim.

If the warranty doesn't mention anything about defects due to wear and tear over a prolonged period of time, then they should replace the head unit for your filter.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Found this thread from so many years ago when I was on google trying to find out why my Eheim is leaking. I just got it 2nd hand from someone off this forum.

Anyone know where or who I can bring my Eheim to to replace the O ring?
    It's currently leaking at the connecting part between the body and the head. I am not familiar with Eheim at all so I'm wondering if I can bring it to C328 and ask them replace for me or something??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

You may bring the eheim down to Qian Hu to trouble shoot the leaking problem.
    Regards,
    justin_diong

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Would that cost a lot to repair the leak?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Peh View Post
    Found this thread from so many years ago when I was on google trying to find out why my Eheim is leaking. I just got it 2nd hand from someone off this forum.

Anyone know where or who I can bring my Eheim to to replace the O ring?
    It's currently leaking at the connecting part between the body and the head. I am not familiar with Eheim at all so I'm wondering if I can bring it to C328 and ask them replace for me or something??
    Is it leaking from the double tap? It is common for this model.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It's leaking from the edge between the body and the top. It only leaks when I'm running. I think it's the gasket problem.. But I'm not good with this kind of DIY stuff....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123