leaking eheim pro II 2026

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/galle...44_640x480.jpg

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/galle...43_640x480.jpg

Hi all,

changing canister water today and found out leaking at the bottom left side of canister.

Any advice from bros here. heard and read up that leaking usually o-ring and damages usually $25dol.... is it true for both statement? those white tape maybe cheaper alternative from one of the bros advice here?

thanks for advice .

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: leaking eheim pro II 2026

Could be the red o-ring that is needed to be change or the quick release o-ring. If you have recently replaced the quick release o-ring, then the culprit is the red one. For this, you need to go to Qian Hu to get it done.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You need to identify where leak started from. If its the O-ring of the motor head you should see the water dripping from between the motor head and canister.
    If its dripping directly from the canister, you might have accidentally cracked the plastic canister.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hmm same issue i have with my 2026 the water is coming down from that hollow part. If you check you canister there is 2 side with a hollow portion if you see water there that is the culpirt. What i did was i open the cover again and close it back to try it mostly solve the problem. It always happen to me when i open up to change the wool and close it back. But after a few times of opening and closing it stop until the next round when i change the wool again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If it's coming from the seam between the canister head and body, it's the big black O-ring around the head. Mine occasionally leaks but it goes away after awhile. Sometimes the head does not sit right and the leaks will start, so I usually just remove and reattach the head. Using some Eheim Vaseline? (I think that's the name) for the rubber bits will increase their lifespan.

There should not be a leak at the corners since the grey parts on the sides are hollow pieces that protect the edges of the green body part. You might want to detach the hoses and move the filter somewhere safe for a quick check. Tilt the body and use a torchlight to see if there's a crack at the bottom or somewhere else along the side.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

buy o-ring from c328 and test it tonight. if no leak. celebrate . if still leak, i go buy 4-d .

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Get that "vaseline" mentioned and rub it on the O-ring before you put it in and on the o-ring itself once you seal the canister. It should help alot. The problem is that the rubber stuff will harden and sometimes crack, especially in our climate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, fully agree on using the eheim grease. Very important for extending the lifespan of the o-rings and preventing leaks

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Could be the red o-ring that is needed to be change or the quick release o-ring. If you have recently replaced the quick release o-ring, then the culprit is the red one. For this, you need to go to Qian Hu to get it done.

i change the head o-ring... still leak.... very sad... what next? my head o-ring is white tape around ...nowe leak like more worse lol...

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    If it's coming from the seam between the canister head and body, it's the big black O-ring around the head. Mine occasionally leaks but it goes away after awhile. Sometimes the head does not sit right and the leaks will start, so I usually just remove and reattach the head. Using some Eheim Vaseline? (I think that's the name) for the rubber bits will increase their lifespan.

There should not be a leak at the corners since the grey parts on the sides are hollow pieces that protect the edges of the green body part. You might want to detach the hoses and move the filter somewhere safe for a quick check. Tilt the body and use a torchlight to see if there's a crack at the bottom or somewhere else along the side.

actually when i detact the head... the leak stop ... therefore quite confident canister body no pro... might be the head ...now that i change the o-ring to new one... i believe maybe other area...i now trying to por some water and see how....see the hollow part also quite full of water... where u buy the grease thing???

haha think go buy 4-d. strike can buy new one lol

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

check whether the 2 o-rings at the inlet/outlet adapter are deformed. the deformation may not be obvious, ie. slightly flattened.

for the grease, you can use vaseline (petroleum jelly) from any helthcare shops or from any good lfs.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

actually i detact , por water out , place clip properly... put back.... no more leak??? very swee monitor for the night....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bro, vasline I also apply after cleaning filter or after prolonged storage on rubber o ring
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

more worse than before. help. actually last time out o-ring better than new o-ring. the below 4 corner all leaking. top and head no leak, any advice.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

well i guess the leak is more worse than before. even after changing o-ring. its leak from the bottom.from the head i cannot see any visble leak.

1) i take out hose , bring canister out. still leak from bottom. leak from the four corner of the leg. inside got rubber thing. leak from there.
    2) take out canister head. leak stop. check head. two corner of water fill to brim. maybe error ?
    3) i put back old o-ring see how the condition.

any good advice from bros ? what happening.

if not goin to buy new one again. waste of money .sianz...

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

my wild guess - i press canister head to canister.maybe flow from canister head down to four corner inside when water flowing peak level

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by granzord View Post
    my wild guess - i press canister head to canister.maybe flow from canister head down to four corner inside when water flowing peak level
    You are trying to say the canister top assembly is leaking from within.
    Help you phase it, my cf-1200 had leaks from there.
    Should have 2-3 o-rings inside.
    2 at where the inlet/outlet are attached to the assembly.
    If have self priming, that section might have.
    If you recall, I briefly mentioned about this when you came up.

Edit: went to see the layout of the canister. It does self prim, but does not seem to require an o-ring as looks like the quick release solved that problem. If mobile part it is sure to have o-ring thingy, else push in push out water come out.

Btw: where you live?
    Last edited by felix_fx2; 6th Dec 2011 at 03:46.

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You don't need the white teflon tape honestly. If the O-Ring is sitting in the position correctly and greased, there should not be any leaks at the seam. Did you replace the O-Ring correctly?

Don't fit the canister head back wrongly. There is a hole that leads to the input part of the head, which leads to the bottom of the canister. If you fit it the wrong way the water will pass through the fine pad first, which is wrong. Check the 2 small O-Rings at the input and output heads and also n the attachment that fits there. The red piece that goes over the little flow rate indicator ball should be fine.

See this side diagram to get a better idea:

Key parts to take note of are as follows:

#74444190 (2 o-rings for the input/output attachment) - sealing rings for double tap
    #7343150 (main o-ring for the canister head) - sealing gasket
    #7343390 (2 rubber joints for the white filter trays) - rubber seals
    Last edited by stormhawk; 6th Dec 2011 at 06:19.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi stormhawk.
    The 2026 has any not easily serviced parts?
    My cf-1200 has o-rings in places not indicated by manual, which I only found after unscrewing the cap.
    Good that you point out the closing top assembly need to align. I didn't see that this model need.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If not aligned properly the fine filter pad will impede the flow of water. Bad idea and it won't close properly either last I remember.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast