Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

growing glosso carpet

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    anyone have any tips on the above? right now i have 3.5wpg and co2; but the glosso seems to be growing upwards; some help?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2003 12:50:37 PM

anyone have any tips on the above? right now i have 3.5wpg and co2; but the glosso seems to be growing upwards; some help?
    ----------------
    Any pics of your tank? there shouldn't be too much big plants over shadowing it.

How's your fertitlizing regimen?

Your 3.5wpg should be more than enough to get the glosso growing low, you can try cutting the upwards strands and replanting them, IMO trick is to use as much glosso as possible.
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Somebody mentioned planting 2 plantlets into one slot to help it creep. Didnt try that so cant confirm if it works.

But what worked for me was to up my lights from 2.8wpg to 3.6wpg. Since increasing the lights, they creep like there's no tomorrow!
    ckchua

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Use a pair of tweezers and push the glosso down into the substrate, eventually it will spread sideways.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2003 1:51:42 PM

Somebody mentioned planting 2 plantlets into one slot to help it creep. Didnt try that so cant confirm if it works.

But what worked for me was to up my lights from 2.8wpg to 3.6wpg. Since increasing the lights, they creep like there's no tomorrow!
    ----------------
    Yup, that's what I did. Read that tip from AquaJournal. Cut into Y shape plantlets and plant 2 of them together. Stuff them into the gravel until only the leaves are showing. Then plant every pair about 1-2cm apart. Haven't had a single plantlet growing upwards. Tank is slightly under 3wpg and glosso was planted without any plant shading it.