Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    No need get too emotional.
    Wait and up in a quarrel is pointless.

If you had bad experience, share so others can benefit from the knowledge and not make the same mistakes. But not neglect we may not be able to replicate exact environment state.

IMHO: getting close is achievable, but not to the lower range of 16c without spending big bucks. Sharing is caring and I know you guys care
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 1st Time Nano Vivarium + Newts setup

Diplomacy is lost if the other party is unable to accept differing viewpoints. Simply put:

FBN can be kept at a slightly higher temperature, yet may not fully thrive because of this.
    FBN should be kept at lower temperatures, but it costs too much for an average hobbyist to achieve that requirement.
    If the hobbyist cannot provide the necessary conditions for their long-term survival, he/she should not keep these.

In the end, the fate of the animal rests solely on the decisions of the person who bought them. Good luck to the FBNs.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    Diplomacy is lost if the other party is unable to accept differing viewpoints. Simply put:

FBN can be kept at a slightly higher temperature, yet may not fully thrive because of this.
    FBN should be kept at lower temperatures, but it costs too much for an average hobbyist to achieve that requirement.
    If the hobbyist cannot provide the necessary conditions for their long-term survival, he/she should not keep these.

In the end, the fate of the animal rests solely on the decisions of the person who bought them. Good luck to the FBNs.
    Very succinct and to the point. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    No need get too emotional.
    Wait and up in a quarrel is pointless.

If you had bad experience, share so others can benefit from the knowledge and not make the same mistakes. But not neglect we may not be able to replicate exact environment state.

IMHO: getting close is achievable, but not to the lower range of 16c without spending big bucks. Sharing is caring and I know you guys care
    Precisely... Point here was just to share pictures of the setup and maybe hoping to gather some appreciation to the scape or just constructive feedbacks thats all.

I don't go around telling my neighbor to stop feeding cheaper lower grade food to their cats just because I spend few hundreds a month maintaining them and telling them those brand of food that they are feeding is proven to shorten the lifespan of their pets and they should be doing it like some award winning pros spending big bucks for their pets/hobby.

As a lecturer to my photography students, I do not hammer them or nail them for buying into a cheap 1k camera just because me and my bunch of kakis is operating with easily 10-20k of gears, I share my experience of where I had started to where I am standing today, looking to inspire and motivate passionate starters. I believe educating is more effective when you set and lead with good examples, while at the same time listening and providing a logical solution to the situation...

Everyone started their interest along somewhere, it could be inspired by some great works of others, for me I have seen some amazing large tank setup with all this creatures in a very natural well setup environment, with good 4 season climate oversea of cause. What I wanted to achieve for now was to have something decent on my desk and I do still have 3x 2ft tank lying outside at my garden, which I might set it up in the future.

To each his own, some of the things you did might be only justifiable by yourself but totally silly to others, at the end of the day respect others decision as an adults and people will grant you the same level of respect if you are already one. As I am not so active in this forum, having met and bought some stuff from fellow brothers and sisters here has always been a pleasant one, sharing experiences and making new friends. Cheers and have a great weekend ahead everyone
    Last edited by s11loop; 7th Jan 2012 at 02:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Great that you guys are a mature lot . Let us move on them to share knowledge and experience without prejudice then.

To many more years of our beloved hobby. Cheers and have a fruitful 2012!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

bro s11loop,
    where do you get and how much do you pay for the fibre glass backdrop?
    I'm was looking at a styrofoam one...yes they only sell big pieces...and if I'm not mistaken a 2ft by 2ft one cost around $28 at a farm in Pasir Ris

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sateman View Post
    bro s11loop,
    where do you get and how much do you pay for the fibre glass backdrop?
    I'm was looking at a styrofoam one...yes they only sell big pieces...and if I'm not mistaken a 2ft by 2ft one cost around $28 at a farm in Pasir Ris
    Hi bro sateman,I believe I got it at the place where you saw it, it's aqua empire at the Pasir ris farmway. I cut out the piece with a supplied hand saw. Still have a big piece of extra left, do pm me if you are keen

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

PM already

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi! Interesting tank...I'm thinking of starting a newt tank as well...Can I ask how's the progress of your tank now?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Greeting bro,
    Your posting really inspired me to try out one.

Great job.

Cheers / Knight

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry to kick start dead thread.. Can share where u got the newt? And how much? Used to keep one for 3 years about 10 years ago.. Fond memories.. My tank was completely aquatic and both of them loved it a lot..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Gambusia View Post
    Sorry to kick start dead thread.. Can share where u got the newt? And how much? Used to keep one for 3 years about 10 years ago.. Fond memories.. My tank was completely aquatic and both of them loved it a lot..
    Bro,
    Any photo to share?

Cheers - Knight

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Firebelly salamander can live quite well in Singapores tropical temperature, but they probably won't breed. Summer temperature in China where they originate approaches ours during summer or even higher.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and he will drink beer while getting sunburnt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Gambusia View Post
    Hi there... Can you watsapp or pm me?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Love your tank. Really nice design and all. Best wishes to your newt
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shaihulud View Post
    Firebelly salamander can live quite well in Singapores tropical temperature, but they probably won't breed. Summer temperature in China where they originate approaches ours during summer or even higher.
    I'll have to disagree fervently this time. Unless direct experience in the field has been achieved, I think very little can be confirmed about their suitable temperatures. As such, I refer you to an organisation with such.

Hypselotriton(Cynops)Orientalis is one of the worst newts to work with in a tropical country, and it is only common to obtain them because of their general availability.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bros just sharing. Cfbn can be keep at 24-26c in sg. But they need to be healthy when u buy them. Those that are skinny and has white fungus will not survive long. So when u buy pick healthy ones. But again try to keep temp below 26c is the best. To breed them google for the breeding months and simply put them into your fridge not freezer for a few weeks. Then take out and adjust them back to 26c tank temp. The larva are small and hard to care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12