Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I get Pseudomugil Furcatus, P. Gertrudae, and Galaxy Danio?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where can I get Pseudomugil Furcatus, P. Gertrudae, and Galaxy Danio?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Charcaradon, sounds like you're gonna have fun browsing through LFSs but be mindful that the Lunar New Year holidays are just around the corner and some shops might be closed. Best to call before making the trip.

That said, good holidays folks and may everybody's plants be lush, fishes spawning and shrimplets everywhere!!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Gents,

Wish you all a happy CNY!

Latest update: I went to C328 last night and picked up 3 CPD from the tank. Heeding to Stormhawk's advice, I netted the little suckers myself. I think they are happy in my tank...but one of them might be having some issues. We'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

They are definitely beautiful fish though. I am really pumpled about getting these fish for my tank. I did not see any B. Brigittae. But I figured that I will go to Seaview tomorrow and see if I'll have some luck over there.

Bought 2 yamato today and added to the tank. Don't look too good though - not sure if they are acclimating the tank real well. Don't think they are going to make it. Need to check the water parameters. I had thought that I've cycled the water long enough.

@Ronnie - Thanks for the heads up re: LSF hours. I hope that Seaview opens tomorrow so I can pick up few more fish.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If you're game to keep some of CPD's cousins, ie. Microrasbora erythromicron, GC has some pretty plumb ones. While you're there, check out their Pseudomugil Reds and P. ivantsoffi as well.

GC is closed for the holidays though, 22nd-24th, but they'd be opened coming Wednesday (which is their usual off days).
    Ronnie Lee

Hi Ron,

Went to GC the same night I got the CPD. Really nice set up. But that comes with a price as well. The uncle had a few choice words for the M. Erythromicron because every time he tries to net them, he'll have to re-arrange the tank since they are really good at slipping through cracks/holes and they are lightning fast.

Not sure what I am going add to the tank with the CPD. Just want some low-maintenance fish in my low-maintenance tank.

Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

does anyone know how i might be able to get some of these? I am in the U.S.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

CurlyFrys, in case you didn't realize, most of the discussions are in local context within Singapore. Nonetheless, you're most welcomed to participate in threads that interest you. Glad to have you with us.

As for fish availability within continental US of A, I'm afraid not many of us will know. Aquabid perhaps?
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

yes i had noticed. I was hoping to get lucky or learn of a seller or breeding who would be willing to ship.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill View Post
    If you're game to keep some of CPD's cousins, ie. Microrasbora erythromicron, GC has some pretty plumb ones. While you're there, check out their Pseudomugil Reds and P. ivantsoffi as well.

GC is closed for the holidays though, 22nd-24th, but they'd be opened coming Wednesday (which is their usual off days).

how do Pseudomugil Reds look like ?

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

You can refer to this thread for pics
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...-Red-Neon-quot

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Charcarodon, I spotted Pseudomugil furcatus, a whole tank full at C328 yesterday. They're in the tank close to the cashier's desk. A pair of Ps. ivantsoffi are still there too, hanging from the nails on the wooden post. Other than that, I think I saw a Nandopsis haitiensis (written on the bag), if you're into CA cichlids, but it was a juvenile and can't be sure of ID.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Stormhawk,

Thank for the info bro! I just got 3 more B. Brigittae for the tank. I think I am done for the fish in the tank. I would love to add to add some P. Furcatus, but after reading what you guys have said about feeding live food, I think I'll have to pass for the time being...haha.

Not big on CA cichlids actually (personal taste - ) - but I used to be a big fan of Tanganyika cichlids and had coupe of tanks. I still ove the frontosa, tropheus, and featherfins. But I have moved on to planted tanks and learned to appreciate the smaller fish as well as shrimp!

But apistos are good looking fish though.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ps. furcatus are easy to feed. They'll take sinking flake and pellet foods too.

I think I am going to try to start a planted tank with sulawesi shrimps like I have mentioned on the other thread...haha. As long as I have the time for it...sigh. I travel a lot too...so that is always a snag in the cog when it comes to this hobby.

How are pseudomugils as a schooling fish?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

They don't school, as far as the Red Neon is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    They don't school, as far as the Red Neon is concerned.

Cool. Good to know - Thanks SH!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Red face Re: Where can I get Pseudomugil Furcatus, P. Gertrudae, and Galaxy Danio?

Hi folks,

I've got 9 adult Pseudomugil gertrudae to give away, along with a few pygmy corys and a few otos. Giving up hobby because my 17-year old tank started leaking and I had to decomm the whole tank.

I lost count how many pygmy corys and otos I have left (while transferring them out), estimated around 6 each. The P. gertrudaes were purchased locally last july/aug and have been doing well, even reaching breeding condition in my old tank. They are peaceful and easy to take care of, eating frozen live foods, flakes and dry food readily.

I hope someone with a long-established tank with spare room can adopt all these fishes from me. Please call/SMS/whatsapp me Naz @ 9067 4062 to deal. I stay at Bedok South. Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry to hear about your tank, Naz. P. gertrudaes are a very understated group of small rainbowfishes and their beauty is a quiet acquired taste. Goes well with those Corydoras pygmaeus too. Good luck with their re-homing.
    Ronnie Lee

Hi Naz,

Sorry to hear about your tank as well. I hope the fish find good home. I'd love to adopte them, but I don't have the room/tank and don't have the time...sigh! Have you spread the word on other threads about your generosity yet?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you all for your replies and concerns
    The fishes have been graciously adopted and re-homed by a kind fellow AQ member.
    I'm sure they are happy in their new and bigger home now.
    "time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    If you want the CPD in smaller numbers, you have to net them from the puny tank at the betta rack. Just FYI, those in the tank may not be healthy. I've seen them in varying degrees of emaciation. The ones in the bags are usually in good shape if they didn't stay in there for too.
    Absolutely right as bored out by my experience. Nevertheless I was so greedy I netted them from a small glass cube at the betta rack even when their condition was near death! I suspect these came from a prepacked bag that have been kept for days unfed.

I took it a challenge to save them but weak to feed they perished in my tank. Not that my water parameters didn't suit them - there was a thriving shoal of the same specie brought from a fellow-AO.

The moral of it - buying livestock from fellow AQs is preferable to those from LFS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12