Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mosses

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Does mosses like low light? Will it melt under strong light? Will SAE eat the moss too?

B4, my moss was under a shade of other plants only receiving little light. It was doing fine till I uproot all the other to rescape, now some of the mosses seems like a bit melting liao. I saw SAE tickling the mosses too, wonder who is the culprit? Temperature and water condition is same as b4.....

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi bro my last tank my mosses too have lost their small leaves. i ask the helpful bros in eco culture.they have the same problem in their main tank. they say its due to the SAEs... i tink so too as my temperature in the tank is max 28 degrees celcius. they say SAE loves to eat the young shoots of mosses..try to decrease ur tank temp n feed ur SAEs some algae pallets.
    correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers,
    Fazdli
    Cheers,
    Fazdli
    (St George''s Rd)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Seems like some of the leaves are a bit transparent and some seems like nibble off left strans of stalk....so SAE do eat mosses but what abt the transparent leaves. will strong light melt plants or mosses? As I heard people got this experience b4, I wish to confirm....... Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I've grown taiwan, java and xmas moss directly under 3wpg. Haven't encountered any melting. In fact, they do quite well and grow very fast. Tank is CO2 injected and temp at 26-27degC.

SAE and shrimp sometimes will nibble or pick at the new shoots, leaving bare stalks of moss. Make sure they have other stuff to eat. Can't really explain why your moss seem to be transparent. How strong is your lighting?