Images
    Country
    Singapore

Curing Anaerobic area

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Been a long time since the right hand side of my tank is not able to properly grow any plants... Other then glosso (root very close to gravel surface) all other deep rootting plants cannot make it.

I suspect that "Anaerobic Decay" might be happening under the gravel. The RHS of my tank water movement is ZERO... not surprise if the Oxygen level there is zero! There are O2 Stone available in LFS. I am thinking of inserting as much as I can deep into the gravel to promote good bacteria growth... Afterwhich fert stick will be inserted...

Now anyone have experience using O2 stone? How is the rate of O2 release into the water? If O2 release too fast then it is not suitable...

HOW? Good idea?
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Vinz suggested planting deep rooted plants there in your earlier post. I think that is still a better idea. Their roots will slowly penetrate deeper as they grow. As their roots move deeper, your substrate improves gradually too. Plants bring O2 to their roots too. This is a slower process that I personally prefer.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just poke into the substrate to remove as much gas as possible, then plant fast growing deep rooted plant.