Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    my tank set 1week ago. changed water twice. the readings are follow:
    ph:7.5
    kh:4dgh / gh:6dgh
    co2:6mg/CO2
    the ph is extremely high ...i boght the ph tabs juz now from fritz, ph tabs(6.5) do they work?will the affect the readings of my other readings??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Should lower your pH by increasing your CO2, not by other means if you want to get good CO2 supply.

Feedback Score
    the problem i juz realize is that my tap water ph is around ph7.4-7.8. well after adding the ph 6.5 buffer tablets, still the ph is at 7.4..seems the tablets are not working,........

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    As I have said, you should increase your bps of your CO2 to lower the pH and stop using the tablets.

Why not use the "Newbie planted tank help" section. I think a lot of the experts here can help you if you could provide more info.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/30/2003 8:45:07 PM

the problem i juz realize is that my tap water ph is around ph7.4-7.8. well after adding the ph 6.5 buffer tablets, still the ph is at 7.4..seems the tablets are not working,........
    ----------------
    I think bttay is right. Just quit using the tablets. You will find it hard to measure the co2 in your water when you add such buffers into the water. Just use more co2 to bring PH down to the level you desire. There isn't any shortcut.
    Cheerio,
    Sleepy_lancs
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    An afternoon trimming my watery garden is better
    then an afternoon with a therapist

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    agree with bttay too. just increase inject more CO2 to lower down the ph level. by using ph buffer, you will find it have to est. your CO2 level from the pH/kH chart.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:48cfc5bb4f="figgy jr "]the problem i juz realize is that my tap water ph is around ph7.4-7.8. well after adding the ph 6.5 buffer tablets, still the ph is at 7.4..seems the tablets are not working,........[/quote:48cfc5bb4f]

Well, maybe there is nothing wrong with the tablets. Check your ph test kit.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    I also use CO2 to reduce PH but still cannot leh. 3 bps even 4 also cannot. Thinking 5, 6 or 7 bps but afraid fishes kana posion & use up my CO2 quickly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

High PH

[quote:214269a581="eric_thian"]I also use CO2 to reduce PH but still cannot leh. 3 bps even 4 also cannot. Thinking 5, 6 or 7 bps but afraid fishes kana posion & use up my CO2 quickly.[/quote:214269a581]

What kind of sand are you using? What is your tank size? What chemicals have you added so far. Is your tank with alot of algae? Let us know the details so that the people can advice you accordingly.
    Cheerio,
    Sleepy_lancs

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:5c50551659="eric_thian"]I also use CO2 to reduce PH but still cannot leh. 3 bps even 4 also cannot. Thinking 5, 6 or 7 bps but afraid fishes kana posion & use up my CO2 quickly.[/quote:5c50551659]

4bps is not a lot of CO2 depending on your tank size. There is a number of factors determining the bps required for your tank. For example your tank size, the diffusion method, lights and nutrients level, temperature, use of fans etc.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:2862394f="eric_thian"]I also use CO2 to reduce PH but still cannot leh. 3 bps even 4 also cannot. Thinking 5, 6 or 7 bps but afraid fishes kana posion & use up my CO2 quickly.[/quote:2862394f]
    You should try to achieve an optimal amount of CO2 in your tank for the plants, not necessary to get a low pH. See this chart http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm
    Sometimes if you got things like coral chips in your setup, then getting a low pH is harder. The more CO2 injected will cause more corals to dissolve. Corals, being alkaline in nature, will then neutralise the carbonic acid.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    What kind of sand are you using? What is your tank size? What chemicals have you added so far. Is your tank with alot of algae? Let us know the details so that the people can advice you accordingly.
    3 feet tank about 50 gallons. Forget the type of sand I am using. Use KH up & anti-clorine only.

Feedback Score
    And also alot of spot algae on the plant. Wall abit only

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Plants

Hmm... seems like quite a bit of slow growing plants. Or at least your plant is limited by something. Okay. Do a water PH test before your co2 get turned on. And about 2 hours later after the co2 is turn on. From there we could see how much CO2 is affecting your PH and also derive the CO2 available in your tank. In the mean time... you might want to combat the spotted algae by introducing fast growing plants and floating plants in your tank. Clean those affected leaves without damaging the leaves however, if you can't remove it, it might be a good idea to remove the infected leaves. Btw what kind of reactor are you using? Using any fan blowing at your tank and where is the outlet of your filter? above water or below? Would be nice if you could put a picture of your tank up for us to see.
    Cheerio,
    Sleepy_lancs

Feedback Score

Re: Plants

My plants still growing very fast if I turn on my PH light at 145W. Recently reduce to 110W. Most of my plant leaves affected by spot alage. If remove the leaves. My tank may end up botak plant tank. Thinking of buying KH2PO4 & KNO3. Just went to Natural Aqarium but they are not selling thease two items. If anyone know where to buy & what is the price, please inform me or pm me. Sorry, no picture at the moment. Got to take picture first.

1) I'm not using reactor. I think I am using diffusor.
    2) Got a fan to blow to reduce temperture.
    3) Eheim Canister filter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Plants

For KH2PO4 & KNO3, you can get it from Dr. Mallick, check LFS list for details.

May I know what pH test kits are you using? Can you confirm that your ph test kit is accurate?
    My Apisto Keeping Diary

Feedback Score
    Using PH test pen. I always calibrate before test. Btw can I reuse the PH solution? Will it be accurate?