Hello all!
My next two posts on my blog AquaBiota will be about a short collecting trip with a few friends that I took to a prefecture by the name of Shizuoka, it’s a prefecture that is relatively near Mt. Fuji. There was a great abundance of moss as well as a number of small ferns that I managed to collect as well as get some nice pictures of. Here is a short excerpt of the post, and if you would like to see the rest of it, click on the banner-link below! Go and check it out! Enjoy!

The follwing is one of my favorite finds it's somewhat difficult to find in the wild. The best way I can describe it is, is that it has clear and translucent leaves like a Bolbitis, the crown is similar to a Syngonanthus, and the root structure is rhizome-like. Previous to this trip I have collected it a number of times, but find it very difficult to make it adapt to being fully immersed. Although I took some this trip also and tried to grow it in a terrarium environment, and it is doing quite well. I will probably do a post on it at a later time.