Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Need guidance on Japan - where to go get inspired and shop!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Need guidance on Japan - where to go get inspired and shop!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I have been a long time lurker of this forum and other aquarium forums. I like aquariums and have had kept a number of them in the past. But recent married life and forced me to abandon my hobby and interest to focus on home making issues. I have recently gotten approval from my wife for an aquarium in the near future.

As we are making a trip to Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka - Free and Easy) in the next few weeks, I would like some suggestions on places I can go to get inspiration (primarily for the wife) on how aquariums can enhance your living space, if space permits, I may also want to buy some things for my future aquarium.

I am generally interested in the natural aquarium concept but prefer to keep things low maintenance since I am a beginner and any failure may result in my wife throwing out the idea of an aquarium in the house (she doesn't want a big mess). ( know Japan is famous for ADA and probably other things. Hope to receive your guidance here. Hopefully my question here and the answers to come can help others who face the same issue.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need guidance on Japan - where to go get inspired and shop!

think the best place is get inspired is ADA gallery @ Maki, Niigata

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I must have been blind not to have spotted the sticky on Tokyo. Will definitely be visiting PauPau and An in Tokyo. Anywhere else I should go?

I will have extra days in Osaka too, so Osaka recommendations will be very welcome!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

your wife will be bored if you go to aquarium all days, try Osaka universal studio for a change.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If you going to Osaka, must visit the Kaiyunkan at osakako. Spectacular marine aquarium!
    If going to Kyoto can visit this shop http://www.big-in.jp/index.php. Super monster fish shop!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you for your recommendation. I will certainly visit the osaka aquarium as well as the monster fish shop