Indonesia

Re: paludarium by BAS Aquascape

[/spoiler]

Ilustrasi aqr nya :

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

comment and input is very much appreciated...

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, i'm a total newbie in paludarium, just tyring to share my thoughts in this scape. it would be great if you can cover up the "exposed divider". feels kind of weird. to me the whole thing doesn't blend together. it's like the landscape is a stand alone, the aquascape is the other. the landscape part looks not bad thought. just my newbie thought.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

thanks ciaossu....u r rite my fren. However, the aquarium is not up to what i wanted. It's already like that, and the owner doesn't wish to change to the new aquarium....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Jaymes, I believe you are a merchant? Also please refrain from using SMS lingo here.

Thanks.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The dry land is very nice, but being able to see the divider makes the feeling of having 2 tanks instead of the whole as a paludarium in a whole. (however i am not a paludarium fan, just giving my views)

Btw: Indonesia company? english please haha. saw "Ilustrasi aqr nya" and i went WHAT? the same reasons for not using sms language applies...
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wow, that's terrific and creative way to part by part of "paludarium" to make it neater.
    I would like to highlight the waterfall which splashes to the wood or rock from the top and sooner or later the "dry" land(tanah) will soon be flooded, and substrate starts to pollute the clearer water. agree?
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Jaymes, I believe you are a merchant? Also please refrain from using SMS lingo here.

Thanks.
    I am not selling any products, just sharing my creation. If any of my posting comes with sms linggo, it is not my intention and i am sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    The dry land is very nice, but being able to see the divider makes the feeling of having 2 tanks instead of the whole as a paludarium in a whole. (however i am not a paludarium fan, just giving my views)

Btw: Indonesia company? english please haha. saw "Ilustrasi aqr nya" and i went WHAT? the same reasons for not using sms language applies...
    Not company but hobbyst ...... I just copy and paste ....so sorry for that too

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    Wow, that's terrific and creative way to part by part of "paludarium" to make it neater.
    I would like to highlight the waterfall which splashes to the wood or rock from the top and sooner or later the "dry" land(tanah) will soon be flooded, and substrate starts to pollute the clearer water. agree?
    thanks mr eddy. watersplash will not got to the "dry land" but only very few splash.... I blocked with many2 stones.....For that waterfall, used up 2-3hours to get it done....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Jaymes
    Hmm not too bad using rocks to block the water splashes. I would like to suggest you the water output from the top, use small bog wood and positional to the water drainage to slow down and soften the water flow. You will be also able to create the reality waterfall while the rocks below acting double water splashes.

Hope this will help you.. have fun, bro
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You can probably hide the glass with a moss wall in the water section, so it slowly carpets the glass. That way you will only notice the glass from the sides only, which can be easily covered with black Oyama paper or something similar.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    Hi Jaymes
    Hmm not too bad using rocks to block the water splashes. I would like to suggest you the water output from the top, use small bog wood and positional to the water drainage to slow down and soften the water flow. You will be also able to create the reality waterfall while the rocks below acting double water splashes.

Hope this will help you.. have fun, bro
    Thanks for ur input....however i am going to change the concept. Water will flow from the "dry" land to "water part"
    I will update those thing later....

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    You can probably hide the glass with a moss wall in the water section, so it slowly carpets the glass. That way you will only notice the glass from the sides only, which can be easily covered with black Oyama paper or something similar.
    going to, supposing to cover those thing with some moss....i am going to update later....thanks for ur input

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi jaymes,

Mind share with me, your new plan of changed your built and maybe I can give you some creatively concept if you like. I do really love your creative built and I do hope that you can stay and follow-up with us closely in this forum. Share what you got , learn what you see and together our built will be the envy to many.agree?
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

I am sorry for my late reply, mr eddy, because for my daughter is sick.

I do some drawing on how the system is going to work

Now water will flow from the "dry" to "Water"
    UGF is used to draw out the water inside the soil, so that water will always go through filter and not keep in for too long, which i fear that will damage the roots. I am going to used Styrofoam (to lighten the weight), "alor" stone and "malang" sand for the media in the "dry", to replace soil, with purpose so that the water will be keep as clear as possible.

I am sorry if my used of English is not that good

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think that the flow of the pump will render the soil area to be totally covered with water until the water reaches the level and it drains off. The UGF may not have the power to push all the water over, so thta land area will always be covered with water.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

exactly, the land area will always cover with water.... i am imitating the nature, inside the soil, there is always flow of water....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hmmm, that's splendid idea you got!

I suggest you to soften or reduce the water flow to the dry land either two options you got.
    1. Reduce the pump flow rate or shut valve if any along the red indication show (piping)and let its drip through the rain bar. So it will not create flat-out tsunami current and surely cause the water milking ... due to soil erosion.
    2. Remove all the ADA soil or whatever soil completely to reduce water from being Teh- Tarik. Place more black lava rocks ( Indonesia got plenty and dirt cheap) you may find almost every plant nursery sold this in many area or roadside). If you must break the lava rocks into a handful of them to fill up the land area. Then pour some lapis sand over the lava rock to create some good bacteria and filtering water. Use your current rocks, position among the lava rocks and lapis sand as your preferred position. Then cover the whole land with nanas and mosses. You may use java ferns to be positional beautiful bog-wood you got.

Hope this will help you...and have fun

I'm camping here to watch your dream built.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

i get what u mean mr eddy...thanks for ur input...
    I am inspired by the photo below:

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Then place more lava rock higher than the water area. Silicon the rock part by part to create the cliff-like one so the water will able to rise and fall like this picture you got. agree?
    cheers
    eddy planer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast