Advertise here
    Have found it, was being lazy to trace.
    Waterfalls at Plitvicka Jezera National Park Photo
    http://www.widerange.org/photo/plitv...falls-croatia/

Credits Jack Brauer.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

Re: paludarium by BAS Aquascape

The world is so great...keep supporting "GO GREEN" ....doing aquascape and paludarium....creating a little greenery @ HOME ...thanks for all the input

A little greenery @ Home!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

i got some creation some time ago, maybe i just share it here...
    aqr 40x25x30

Tried many hardscape...here and there
    Making of the land part using styrofoam, and colored it with black and bronze color

attach the land part:

Attach filter..RESUN CY-20
    moss over the land area :

Finally:

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The back styrofoam, I would prefer you cut a rectangle about 1cm down from top. (Eddy teach one...hee hee) Then hide the rain bar inside.
    Yah, the crab area, I would imagine something like that but if you look back the picture, it has some lines coming out to facilitate the water flow with several overflow route.

:P hope to finish my experiment soon.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi jaymes

Greetings from Bandung

Wow WOW! Your built is really very very interesting that you using number of long rocks(hard to find) as a background.Your whole built is awesome! Vampire crabs look so happy and healthy!

I love it and you got deserve the Bintang from me.

If you still have the built, you can try to do away the rain-bar by camouflage it behind the Styrofoam background and you still get the water-fall. If you not too sure, go and see the GC learn and session where I had upload pictures in it. Then you will able to figure this out. I know you can do it.

Have fun bro jaymes.!
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    The back styrofoam, I would prefer you cut a rectangle about 1cm down from top. (Eddy teach one...hee hee) Then hide the rain bar inside.
    Yah, the crab area, I would imagine something like that but if you look back the picture, it has some lines coming out to facilitate the water flow with several overflow route.

:P hope to finish my experiment soon.
    YEah thanks ...i really had a hard time just to operate that filter....so i just left it like that .... ... May i know what kind of experiment you are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    Hi jaymes

Greetings from Bandung

Wow WOW! Your built is really very very interesting that you using number of long rocks(hard to find) as a background.Your whole built is awesome! Vampire crabs look so happy and healthy!

I love it and you got deserve the Bintang from me.

If you still have the built, you can try to do away the rain-bar by camouflage it behind the Styrofoam background and you still get the water-fall. If you not too sure, go and see the GC learn and session where I had upload pictures in it. Then you will able to figure this out. I know you can do it.

Have fun bro jaymes.!
    Thanks mr eddy....This creation was my second-tried-out in paluradarium ....Still got lots to learn

This my first tried out....Another sharing

The first one is a total failure ...in 3 months every-thing's gone......

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hardening the foam lor. Trying some simple method >< but I no time...tsk tsk...daily work too long travelling time.

Oh ya, the rect. use your finger to dig slowly, can hide the bar good enough.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    Hi ralliart12

This misting system that includes pump can be very pricey as a brand new 1hp chiller depending on your application. I have sourced locally, Thailand and Indonesia for months and none of them as good as the MistKing products from USA http://www.mistking.com/.. That why I managed to source at ebay for hope anyone willing to sell MistKing but I very happily to purchase them from ebay and for the pump i can easily obtain locally. There is no such misting system operate by battery unless can be directly operated by just turning on/off the tap.
    Hi eddy, thanks for all the information. I did not purchase this type of system in the end as the price is severely above the amount of convenience it can bring to me. But thanks anyway. I also believe that jaymes' mist is created using a cheaper solution & I'm curious to know the difference between his item & the versions from MistKing.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes View Post
    I used to use gasoline, to melt styrofoam, and harden it again ....during the process, using rocks, sand to make it more natural look...
    Do you mean you embed the natural items into the styrofoam when it is very soft? & those items will "stay" after the foam has cooled & harden?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

yeah exactly, when it's melt, becoming like a glue .... just tried it out and you will know

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi jaymes

Try not to use petrol for your build. Petrol is very highly toxin even you swear that you coated with many layers of cement or foam. It will still leak into water eventually, and you will see a lot of dead faunas plus lifeless mosquito larvaes.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234