Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: GC-Shop: Share & Learn Sessions

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Those culturing algae water, I have a method which I use. Perhaps you might want to consider to try this out.

I put in hydro pellets into the container. It allows the algae to form nicely around the pellet. By far, the only thing that is pearling in a seal container is my one and only algae culture under the sun. The sun is still the best light source. A dosage of Seachem Flourish, Potassium, Iron, Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Trace element allows a strong culture to be form up. Just one week plus I am already harvesting the algaes.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You're cultivating algae-coated hydro pellets or culturing green water? The green in green water isn't from algae...
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill View Post
    You're cultivating algae-coated hydro pellets or culturing green water? The green in green water isn't from algae...
    Dunno also, I started this before I attend Sat sharing. It is still pearling now ^^", losta little algae flying around. Water is green color though.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Uncle Ronnie is right about that. Green water, or 'pea-soup', is different from the algae that coats things. The planktonic cells of green water only live in suspension in water. When they die, they turn brown and coat surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill View Post
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    Uncle Ronnie is right about that. Green water, or 'pea-soup', is different from the algae that coats things. The planktonic cells of green water only live in suspension in water. When they die, they turn brown and coat surfaces.
    I cannot tell them apart. Yes, I understand the green water thingy. This one is algae confirmed. But not BBA, not BGA, not hairy, not beard. The fish eats it. Still a fish food.
    Uncle Ron, want sample? Hee Hee...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Found an active SG website for composting worms.
    http://www.wix.com/step929/terracycl...ra-lite-system
    :P Price have increased from $80 to $110 for a 2 tier bin. There is also a live video on the press release section.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Green water consists of a suspension of free-floating algae along with Euglena and whole host of protists. I find this food source to be crucial for the long term growth of fry because of the nutrition that they provide.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Everytime I read stormhawk's post I have to google them words he used. -_-'' LOL

But definitely learning something new. =)
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Share & Learn: CRS Keeping and Water Management

Thanks to all whom have attended the sharing session this morning. Special thanks to Silane who made time to share and dear friends who sponsored the fish balls and drinks!
    Do check out the facebook photos of the session here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2434480&type=3

Due to upcoming events such as the Interzoo, we will be taking a little short break to get prepared. We will be back soon with more sharing sessions!
    Green Chapter
    We custom build and maintain planted/marine aquariums, boutique aquariums, water features of any sizes, in homes, offices and public areas.

Showroom / Office / 565 MacPherson Road #01-00 Singapore 368234.
    Mobile / 9155 3359 Tel / 6775 7376, Fax 6773 6793
    Website / www.greenchapter.com Email / [email protected]
    Website / www.gcshop-sg.com Email / [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hey guys, I do not see green water on top. But this is as green as it gets for the time being.

So far the sharing session were great! Started this thingy before fish food session so it's a good comparison if this thingy is comparable to the green water that Uncle Ron have described. Would you guys not point out if it is close or not even close to green water that previously discussed? (Yah, that is a CFL in operation in the background, I use it for my room as well)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345