Country
    Singapore

Re: My Shrimp tank now

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
    Fair enough but sakuras have very different water parameters compared to sakuras. Sakuras can do well in CRS environments but the reverse is not really so.
    Ya i know bro thanks alot for the advice

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice Sakuras bro!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by darter View Post
    Nice Sakuras bro!
    Thanks bro, but bros here doesnt bother much about sakuras

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by HeMan View Post
    Bro cheetf, there nothing i can do , average day temp is about 26.9 degree , i read on other website actually CRS is not really that hard to keep, just make sure water is clean and do WC per week can already, my aim is not those other experts aim to keep deep colour ..... My aim is survival ......my main concern
    Come June/July in the hotter period, your water temperature will be higher. Your CRS will 99% not survive. CRS is very sensitive to temperature.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Im gg to DIY a chiller very soon, i read from another website putting canister into a styrofoam box then put lots of 1.5l bottles of frozon ice into it . Dont know if that works anot. Got to give a try

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The FAQ, advice and the experiences of many CRS breeders are in this forum and many other forums on the net. These are guidelines from well meaning folks but ultimately, its up to the individual keeper to find out and plan his or her own shrimp tank.

We cannot force or compel others to spend money on chillers or prevent them from buying shrimps. If the TS is very confident that he can keep his CRS under current conditions, we can only wish him luck and offer sensible advice.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes navanod well said.... I got to keep finger crossed and hope my crs get use to the high temp of 27 degree, other breeders can i hope mine also can.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Im gg to DIY a chiller very soon, i read from another website putting canister into a styrofoam box then put lots of 1.5l bottles of frozon ice into it . Dont know if that works anot. Got to give a try
    Its alot of work, and the larger temperature swings may not be appreciated by the shrimps. You would have to be very diligent about it.

Yes navanod well said.... I got to keep finger crossed and hope my crs get use to the high temp of 27 degree, other breeders can i hope mine also can.....
    Part of the reason why high temperature affects CRS is because it affect oxygen contents in the water, as well as the ammonia/ammonium ratio's equilibrium. At higher temperatures, there's less oxygen dissolved in the water and more of the ammonia remains in the toxic NH3 state instead of turning into the less harmful NH4+ ammonium. Although a good matured biofilter can degrade the ammonia into nitrate, there'll always be a very low amount (undetectable by test kits) in the water that are newly excreted by shrimps and decaying matters.

Improving filtration and oxygenation may help your shrimps cope with the higher temperature.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks alot navanod, noted that.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys ,

I got a question here, if my sakuras and chocolate can molt properly, does it means that the crs will have no problem molting also?

I worried that they wont molt .

Gh is currently 4-6

Thanks alot for the reply

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think CRS will be alot more challenging and harder as they are more sensitive to the water parameters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12