Country
    Singapore

Re: Matt's simple Sulawesi Setup

My current parameters:

PH: 8.0
    GH: 7
    KH: 7
    TDS: 287

Don't mind my GH & KH, I am testing out the Malawi Buffer coupled with Chiclid Lake Salt (with thanks to Bro v200). And the KH shot up tremendously while trying to see if the pH rises further than 8.2, which resulted in an over dosage of the Malawi Buffer. But so far (2 days), the parameters seem to be under control and shrimps are molting and fine with it too. Will be maintaining the tanks with these 2 additives and see how it goes for the next 1-2 months before I conclude. Most importantly, shrimps should not die and breeding should continue.
    Shrimps Watching.
    Voted No.1 as Stress Reliever & Anti-Depressant.

Fine prints: Please learn to keep them alive successfully before applying.

http://shrimpsredefined.wordpress.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes bro. Zenith bro intro bioplus to me. Added some but can't really know if they eating the bioplus

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    For me, whatever my CRS and PRLs eat, they eat. The usual feed: Mosura CRS specialty food, Mosura Excel, some powder food and Shirakura pellets amongst others which also includes an occasional sprinkle of spirulina powder.

If they are not eating the pellets, even though you have attempted to "spoon-feed" them to their doorstep, maybe they haven't gotten used to the tank yet. In any case, you can try getting some Mosura bio plus or shrimpton to try?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My current parameters:

PH: 8.0
    GH: 7
    KH: 7
    TDS: 287

Don't mind my GH & KH, I am testing out the Malawi Buffer coupled with Chiclid Lake Salt (with thanks to Bro v200). And the KH shot up tremendously while trying to see if the pH rises further than 8.2, which resulted in an over dosage of the Malawi Buffer. But so far (2 days), the parameters seem to be under control and shrimps are molting and fine with it too. Will be maintaining the tanks with these 2 additives and see how it goes for the next 1-2 months before I conclude. Most importantly, shrimps should not die and breeding should continue.
    Hi Matt,
    Let me know if you need more.
    So far the shrimps look ok *touch wood* . But the problem is that I cannot tell if the numbers are reducing. Too many places to hide.
    I have been trying to up the kh and maintain gh levels. Kh now about 4 and gh about 7. Broke my last test capsule when doing the last test.
    Anyway, seen some moulting, but don't know if belongs to the cardinals or cherry.

Also doing some read up .
    http://www.americanaquariumproducts.....html#khbuffer

Seems like gh is not a accurate indication. These invertebrates need other minerals as well (calcium, magnesium, etc) so hopefully the salts are providing sufficient minerals to them.
    So far I have used 7 scoops of Malawi and 5 scoops of the salts on a 100 liter tank. Will keep monitoring. Hopefully it works.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

By the way Matt, did you measure tds before and after adding the salt?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nice closeup pictures and beautifully decorated tank pictures Matt! I also wish I can house so many cardinal shrimps in the tank, so nice! Just love all reds and white gloves picking!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chansl View Post
    Yes bro. Zenith bro intro bioplus to me. Added some but can't really know if they eating the bioplus
    They should be eating it I guess, well, if they do not die after a week or 2 when you feed them constantly with Bioplus, I think they are eating.

Quote Originally Posted by v200 View Post
    Hi Matt,
    Let me know if you need more.
    So far the shrimps look ok *touch wood* . But the problem is that I cannot tell if the numbers are reducing. Too many places to hide.
    I have been trying to up the kh and maintain gh levels. Kh now about 4 and gh about 7. Broke my last test capsule when doing the last test.
    Anyway, seen some moulting, but don't know if belongs to the cardinals or cherry.

Also doing some read up .
    http://www.americanaquariumproducts.....html#khbuffer

Seems like gh is not a accurate indication. These invertebrates need other minerals as well (calcium, magnesium, etc) so hopefully the salts are providing sufficient minerals to them.
    So far I have used 7 scoops of Malawi and 5 scoops of the salts on a 100 liter tank. Will keep monitoring. Hopefully it works.
    By the way Matt, did you measure tds before and after adding the salt?
    TDS (before): 267, (now): 287. Rose by a clear 20 only.
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith82 View Post
    Nice closeup pictures and beautifully decorated tank pictures Matt! I also wish I can house so many cardinal shrimps in the tank, so nice! Just love all reds and white gloves picking!
    I am sure your tank will be like this soon.
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chansl View Post
    Do you feed the Bio plus daily? No indication on the bottle on when to feed. I am feeding them too.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

As for all shrimps, I suppose it'll be better to feed them a variety of food. Bioplus is not exactly meant to be fed daily but rather every other day (alternate).
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

As for all shrimps, I suppose it'll be better to feed them a variety of food. Bioplus is not exactly meant to be fed daily but rather every other day (alternate).
    Hi Matt, thanks for the quick response. I would agree with that. but the shrimps are picky eaters. They would rather pick around logs and stones rather than pick on the food. Have you succeeded in feeding them pallets or other stick food?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hey Matt, just curious, but which tank has shrimp been doing better in? I know its difficult to track them since they keep hiding. By the time I see the reddish tinted remains of half eaten shrimp I can never identify mine. Still have harlequins, mambo bees, starry night, blp, spinata and cardinal, but don't know how many argh.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Draka View Post
    Hey Matt, just curious, but which tank has shrimp been doing better in? I know its difficult to track them since they keep hiding. By the time I see the reddish tinted remains of half eaten shrimp I can never identify mine. Still have harlequins, mambo bees, starry night, blp, spinata and cardinal, but don't know how many argh.
    Bro, my tanks' parameters are all the same. So quite hard to say which tank the shrimps are doing better in. Only difference between the tanks is just the plants, rocks and population of shrimps there within. My gut feel, Tank 1 is doing better now.

Hi Matt, thanks for the quick response. I would agree with that. but the shrimps are picky eaters. They would rather pick around logs and stones rather than pick on the food. Have you succeeded in feeding them pallets or other stick food?
    The shrimps in my tanks are eating both powder and pellet food especially the breeding food pellets sold by Sigma and CRS specialty food. Next runner up would be Shirakura. I think they would enjoy more plant based food.
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha parameters might be the same but mineral content should be different. My gut feeling goes with 1 too!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Agree with that. At least the concentration of useful minerals should be higher in Tank 1. Am thinking of introducing more shrimps into Tank 1.
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just sure some pics of Sulawesi shrimps feeding during the day even with lights on.

And a video:
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nice! Food! food! yummy!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like Sigma's pellet food... Hahaha...

Bro Matt, all the best...
    钱不是问题!问题是。。。我没有钱。。。
    花钱像拉屎一样简单,赚钱像吃屎一样难。。。

http://alvinchan80.blog.fc2.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yo bro, you are right! That's Sigma's pellet food. The shrimps just love it.
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi matt

How do you differentiate a cardinak that is berried or not. Initially I got 4 berried mama cardinal. After two weeks I try to look at their stomach but could not spot any eggs. Their colour is too deep red that I had hard time spotting it. Moreover they will hide when I move my head closer. It looks like there are still eggs but it seemed like no as their stomach became flat. I think they dropped their eggs but the water parameter is alright. Snails and shrimps are doing great. What do you think? Can share your experience on berried cardinal? Thank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast