Country
    Singapore

Does Christmas Moss bubble?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi

I know christmas moss is a slow growing plant, but does it bubble? My wife put in her basil leave into the tank and its bubbles. I have a 1X tropical pink and 1X 12000 tropical sunlight as lighting. Anyone with experience on this?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Iran

Re: Does Christmas Moss bubble?

It makes lots of bubble and will grows faster when established and under more lighting and ***CO2 injection.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think you mean whether the Christmas moss pearling. And yes, they do. I have even seen Anubias Nana pearl as well.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for feedback. I am using 1xAquazonic T5 12000 and 1x T5 pink for my 40x40x40 tanks. My C02 at 2BPS and using Flourish to fertilise the moss. Water temperature about 25 degrees. So far, have not seen a single pearl! What do you think is the problem?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Kuwait

I've always been told when a plant has everything it needs for photosynthesis and the water is saturated with oxygen it will pearl. I have had christmas pearl like crazy, but this was with pressurised CO2, my current christmas moss setup with low light and no CO2 never pearls but growth is good.
    Regards,
    Jalal K.